Friday, October 04, 2002

Good morning, folks:
I have just checked and need to thank you for reading a dog’s artistic efforts: But you have to give it to me, I am the only dog you know that has a weblog!
Though yesterday was a rather exhausting day, I will finally introduce Chris. As I had said before, this might take more than one session, but here we start:

My owner, Christiane Eggert (this is how she introduces herself formally), was born about 26 human years ago in the East German city of Rostock. She was the youngest of five children her parents had to take care of. I have met three others so far, and a couple of their offspring, they are all quite all right. Of course, Chris is the best of all; I miss her so much when she leaves me…

Chris’ mother found out that she was blind during the first year of her life, and I guess she took the challenge well. Chris stayed in her family until she was five years old, and then went to dormitory school near Berlin. There she met some of her best friends. One I have seen in May, she is afraid of dogs, which was funny. Oh, I also met the other one, she was surrounded by two other dogs, one of which I had a minor fight with. You see, that one, another female, wanted to tell me that she is the leader here, but I did not see why this should be! Just because she knew the surrounding, or what? So she and I decided to see who was stronger, but to my amazement Chris and the other lady did not let us fight it out. Instead they took us upstairs and placed us at the opposite ends of the room. The other dog, however, was okay. She did not bother me, so I equally ignored her.
I remember our appointment with the vet, eh, what a terrible memory! This guy hurt me when he took some of my precious blood! But afterwards they took me and the nicer dog to a meadow, where both of us ran and played.

Anyway, wasn’t I supposed to talk about Chris? You see, dogs are selfish, and it is hard for me to remember all I have spied out during this past year. Chris just talks too much, too much nonsense I mean. She must have graduated from high school successfully, and then, as I gather, she has been to the United States. Then she studied at the other end of Germany, meaning the South, and after that was almost complete, she went and picked me up. I remember she would spend days at her PC, and when that was the case, it was no use asking for pets, she would only touch the keyboard with her fingers.

There are two things I need to mention before I go. I have never met Chris’ father. Aren’t people supposed to have father and mother? Oh, I remember now, once we went to the cemetery, and there they talked about him. Wonder if that has something to do with him. And I also wonder which status the shadow takes in her life. I remember that he was not there when I came, but we always went by train to see him, and Chris was so so so excited! And currently he is staying with us, I guess forever, so Chris is happy. I found out that his name is Khodadad. They constantly speak what they call English. At the training centre nobody has taught me that.

Have I told you the story of my nickname? Apparently, Khodadad has told Chris that three-year-olds call dogs Hapoo in Iran, and she found that nice for me, so she called me Hapoo from the first day she was in charge of me. I like it much more than my original name now. Elsa, she never uses it. Her mother calls me Elsing, the smaller version of Elsa, and one of her sisters would say Liese. But I don’t obey to her anyway. I like the mother, she always talks to me, and when Chris w2ent to this concert by a guy I have never met, Chris de Burgh, mom was in charge of me. But I still always ran back and wanted to find Chris. Since I could not find her, I found Ajax’ food to eat, that was great, too.

Now you know pretty much about Chris, and I think more details will be coming up. Currently this little boy and his daddy are visiting, they also speak English, and I guess daddy is American. See, my life is full of events; I enjoy it for the most part. Hope to hear from you soon, bye-bye, Yours, barking away, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home