Saturday, October 05, 2002

Hello to all fans of the Barking Blog:
How are you? Last time I have told you that some interesting thing has happened, but I decided to introduce Chris. So let me catch up on that event:

On October 3. It is a national holiday around here, for something I don’t have the foggiest idea about. Anyway, shops were closed and people did not go to work, so we went on a rather spontaneous trip, five people in the front, and me and a food basket in the trunk of mom’s car. Unfortunately, this wise woman – from the humans’ point of view – had wrapped the food so well that I could not reach it unheard. And if Chris had noticed my evil plans, she would have shouted at me. First we went to a forest area, where Chris let me run free, while they were looking at a strange tower, and the little boy sat down to play with his cars. We went on, until we discovered an interesting looking church. The shadow had a lot of fun looking at family trees. I don’t like churches. Chris always keeps me by her side and tries to stop me from announcing benches by putting my front paws on the seats. After a while even mom got interested, so we stayed there for quite a while. Then the others wanted to have ice-cream, so I had to wait until they had finished.

We went on a little, until the men discovered a ruin. Apparently, one was not allowed to enter, so we stayed outside. But beside this site they found a restaurant, and behind it a meadow with a picnic table and benches, very close to a river. Chris made me stay with the shadow. Don’t misunderstand me, mom and the shadow treat me well, but I like Chris more, and whenever she goes somewhere without me, I wonder when she will come back, She came back soon carrying the food basket with mom, and then their lunch started. The day was sunny, but she did not let me off the leash, because there were dogs and people around. She cut herself badly, so a woman they were talking to brought first aid supply, and Chris had to take care of her finger. Then finally we went to Poland.

That was nothing special, only the shadow was stopped for his passport to be checked carefully, and nobody minded me going, although I did not have a passport like Chris. We just went and looked at a market, where they bought a CD, some delicious smelling ham and a new light leash for me. And then they came up with the stupid idea of taking a horse carriage. I jumped up, but as we stated moving I did not like the ride at all. Why can an open platform drawn by horses move? So when Chris finally told me to get off, I slipped out of my collar and ran in the middle of the street. The shadow wanted to catch me, but I did not want to be caught by him. Chris finally stopped me and put the collar back on me, and we walked safely back through the passport checking thing and towards mom. The boy and his father were not allowed to join us for some reason I did not manage to find out, so they were at the sea. Shadow and Chris had ice-cream, and then we drove to the sea.

The sea is another thing I don’t like, but I tell you that story later. We just walked through the sand and then along a peer and finally ended up in a restaurant, where those people had food again. I so much wanted their food, but had I only looked up at the table, Chris would have told me very roughly to put it down. Okay, as long as I am attached to the chairs of Chris, Shadow or mom, I am quite all right. We were back at home very late, and I was glad to get food after a short run with Ajax. I was really tired that night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home