Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Here is another part of Chris' strange hobby:
One day we got up pretty early and even went for our walk early. Then mom took us to a larger train and we sat down. I remember Chris being proud, because for the first time I lay down under the front chair. I hate that, usually I prefer watching everything that goes on oin the aisle.
Chris had her breakfast and gave me a treat or two, and after another while we got up. It was not Shadow picking us up, but somebody else I have never seen before, a man and a woman. Allright, Chris has friends everywhere, I know I know.
Chris permitted the lady to hold my leash, and I did not mind. The car of the friends was fantastic. As soon as we entered the highway I lay down and took a nap. Chris sat right beside me, but I didn't care. That car was spaceous and really relaxing.
When we arrived we first stood around somewhere. Soon two other people joined us. Then somebody decided it was too cold - it was the beginning of March according to Chris - so we sat in the car. When we got out again two more people arrived, and soon enough one more.
I liked one lady the most. She smelled like dog and gave me pets all the while.
More waiting, and we went into a fairly large room. Chris sat so that I could stretch out in the aisle right beside her chair. That is my most favourite spot. She removed the bell from my collar, but I don't know why. She usually only does that when we accompany mom to university. In front of me there was something like a high platform Chris calls stage, and soon two men and a woman apeared.
One man asked the other questions, and that one answered in English. I know English, Shadow and Chris speak it all the time. And one of my praise words is English:
"Good Girl".
The lady translated, and after a while of taling the English speaking man started to sing. Chris says this is her favourite singer, and indeed I have heard his voice out of her stereo many times.
When he stopped singing, everybody clapped their hands. I don't like it when they do that, it confuses me. And in the middle I also got bored, so I got up, stretched the leash and asked my favourite lady for a pet, which she generously gave. And for once Chris did not mind.
And whenever they started clapping, Chris gave me calming pets, until I had understood that those loads of claps aren't anything to get all excited about.

When that little singing man disappeared, everybody was excited, chatted about what they heard and saw, but we left.
The nice couple took Chris and myself back by car, and the man even drove to the train station, where he managed to find a seat for Chris and me in a crowded train. I lay down, so I did, but it was not pleasant, because many people were talking, many walked through the aisle, and all in all it was not quiet.
Back at my favourite train station a nice lady picked us up and put us on the home train. She was worried about Chris going hoe alone in the dark, but Chris just said:
"I really don't mind walking in the dark, ht's just the same for me."
In fact, if it wasn't, then she would not need me, and that would be too sad, wouldn't it?
I remember racing Chris home, and for once she did not mind. I bet she had to do her business, because we went inside first thing, and only after a small while she took me outside to do my business.
And after that she was tired tired tired. She wanted to watch another TV show with that little singing man, but she lay down in front of the TV in the living room and fell asleep until the next morning.
She must have liked, but I don't find anything particularly exciting about this trip, except for the nice people I met - the once who drove me and the ones who gave me pets. And afterwards everybody asked how I was
Next time I will tell you what changed in my immediate environment, new toys, tasks and places, Yours, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home