Friday, March 19, 2010

Day four

Here is another highlight. Today for the first time I managed to send the dog to her place from a distance. I was busy in the bathroom, and for some reason Quito seems to think that there might be a back door I could escape through. She is very suspicious whenever I am in there. So I firmly sent her back to her place, told her to lie down and - o wonder - she did! She did not bark when the coach knocked on the door, and on the free run in the early morning she even played and jumped up on me. We gradually but visibly warm up to each other and accept one another.

Again we went to the city. Quito marched me through the train station in a brisk pace, thus causing spectators to look at us in amazed admiration and clearing the route. O it is wonderful to speed through the world again. Then came street crossings and three shopping centers. Quito hates it to walk along the edges of the second floor, where you can look down. But she lets me encourage her and does obey when I tell her that we are not taking the next exit.

The ladies got the better of the coach and me, as we stopped in the perfume department of a store, met a great shop assistant who helped us select perfumes. While Hapoo preferred to lie in front of me, Quito chose to lie behind us, so we had free access to shelves, but also clearing our backs. Even at the cash register she lay behind.

We tried to provoke her to growl several times, but she did not do so anymore. Maybe she trusts I am strong enough a pack leader now that can protect her from danger. She is a bit on the scared side, but she wants to be left in peace when she is scared, she will not jump to the front line and drive the scaring part of the situation away. I am convinced I will manage to keep this insecure behaviour under control.

Then a bit more walking, and then we went for coffee and cheese cake, and we talked and talked. We also talked about Hapoo's loss, which was really nice. Besides, the sun has been shining so far, it is really relaxing to feel the spring on the winning side.

For the afternoon session we drove to the little city nearby, which none of us knew. Quito walked flawlessly along the streets. She only got scared once by a car driving over dry snow, but she gathered herself and walked on. At the end of that she was really tired, she did not want to hop into the car on her own, so we were so kind to lift her up. We also left her in the car when we hhopped out to grab some fresh fruit from a little store.

Another cute thing that happened was that after feeding I knealt down on the floor with Quito, and she challenged me for a little wrestle. It is fun, and she seems to be enjoying it. I can easily calm her down with relaxing strokes. Then she collapses and hides her head under the armchair. And yes, she is learning to move out of my way when I aproach. It is so wonderful to see (I might be repetitive here), how the puzzle seems to be falling into its shape piece by piece with well audible but pleasant clicks, or chimes, if you wish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home