Saturday, November 18, 2006

The doctor trip

Hi all:
Last Tuesday, or that is what Chris is telling me, we drove to the city
in mom's car. When we got off I immediately knew where we were, although
we had not been there for about a year. Yeah Chris, I am better at
directions than you are, cool, eh?
We were at Chris' doctor's place, where, as always, we first went into
that office with the nice ladies that take papers from Chris. Then it
was waiting time ntil the doctor lady called us. I usually lie down in
the middle of the room, while Chris is sitting in that special chair.
The lady doctor looks into her eyes and puts things into them, and then
they talk some more. The lady doctor thinks I am nice, ad so do the
ladies. Of course, when we finally were allowed to leave the place,
Chris allowed a few pets, and then off we went.

When we parked this time, I needed a bit of help to know exactly where
we were at. But then it was clear - the Hapoo vet. We had to wait again.
I found out there was a cat in the examination room, but I didn't do
anything to bother that one. It didn't look like a good toy anyway.
After the cat left it was my turn, but I didn't want to go in, let alone
be lifted on that table. But I have no choice, I quietly give in and
always let Chris lift me up on the table. I immediately sat down and
stayed that way. The lady vet looked at me from all sides. I don't like
that, but she also told Chris a lot of good things about me and that I
was in the best health. I don't mind the vaxination; I never wimper or
shy away - and I never get my temperature taken, what a fortune! Finally
Chris lifted me off the table. When I was younger, I was allowed to jump
off, and that was fun! But now she thinks she has to protect my joints
and my bones - allright, as long as I get off that thing! But that
doesn't mean we can leave - no way! Chris just walks over to the desk
and waits until the lady vet puts a stamp in my Hapoo ID - yes, I, too,
have my very own ID! - and gives Chris a tag and gets some money from
her! And then I can start pulling on the leash and drag Chris out of
that place! I know what always follows a vet visit: Either an off leash
run, provided there is no other dog in sight, or a stop at the nearby
coffee place which Chris finds very cozy and comfortable. That was the
case, and afterwards we went grocery shopping. But since Chris hadn't
slept all that well last night, it wasn't an extensive trip. And of
course: When we came back the tiny dog was all excited and both of us
had a good run.
Currently the tiny dog hops around on three paws. I think he either
lifts the fourth up to greet everybody, or it hurts him seriously. Poor
tiny dog!
Cheers for the moment, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home