Monday, August 09, 2010

The flying part

Well finally here is the continuation of the story. We took the car to the place we hd strolled around the previous day, and then Chris and Micki took me to a desk where a lady took away the big bag. And then we waited and waited until somebody picked up Chris and me, after Micki had given Chris a big hug and left us.
 
Chris and I were taken to a very narrow passage, where a lady took my leash, and after having to unpack the computers, Chris followed. She put the computers back into the backpack, and then we walked to a car.
 
O that car is a monster. In the back there is a wheelchair like Daniel has one, but there's no person in it, It is very spacious and I don't like it at all. Even after it had stopped moving I had to wait even though the door was open, wait and wait in that monster. Finally Chris told me that it was time to get off - what a relief!
 
I walked up a metal staircase, see-through staircase, but I didn't mind. On top of it there was a strange kind of room with seats all around and machines humming away below the floor. Chris was greeted and taken to a row of seets. First I had to go in, and then she followed. chris claims I had one and a half seats, and she had one half of it, well I don't think so, for the space in trains is wider than in this thing Chris calls plane.
 
Suddenly the engins began to speed up, and the plane gently started moving - nothing exciting. But all of a sudden the engins roared, the plane picked up speed and suddenly lifted us all up in the sky - all of us! Chris, myself, bags, seats and all others trapped inside the room. What a weird feeling! I thought I wasn't made for flying, right? Chris gave me treats every now and then, which is a nice thing indeed. Allright, I thought flying was not the most preferable way of travelling, but it is smooth.
 
After a while you fall down from the sky, the plane room is back on the ground and rumbles and speeds along until it comes to a smooth stop. The engins fall back into their semi-sleepy humming, and people rush past us to get out of the room. Chris sat and relaxed until she was asked to go to the front, where we were greeted by yet another person. He helped us locate our remaining bag, which apparently also had gone up into the air with us without me noticing it. And then he also helped find a taxi that was willing to take me on board. Chris says that is not always easy, because taxi drivers seem to like their cars more than they like their passengers.
 
Finally we found one very nice driver with a nice car, and Chris and he spent the ride talking about the city we had arrived in called Cologn. And when we got off the car, another lady greeted us. She says she is very scared of dogs, and so Chris kept me away from her. We took a stroll around the area I had never been to, and then we walked into the office building. It smells much like the store at home. We met two people who accompanied us along the store; That store really looks like the one where we go shopping, and where Chris buys small things, it's also called IKEA like the one at home.
 
The following days we walked through the store many more times. What I liked the most were wheelchairs. Whenever I spotted one I tried to alert Chris to it, even though she insisted that the driver of that wheelchair is not Daniel. Once I found one driver who really petted me and talked a little with Chris. I have also found a few very nice people. One tall man played with me, and one lady also called Petra once took me for the lunch walk and we found another dog to play with. I really liked her a lot. It must be the name Petra that makes me like them, I think.
 
Soon the same taxi driver picked us up again and we went back to that airport thing where we had to go through the same procedure of leaving a bag in somebody else's care, passing through the narrow passage, walking up to the plane room, being lifted up into the sky, being put back on the ground, getting off, boardig another monster car and then getting back the bag before seeing Micki again. O that is so so much fun, seeing Micki!
 
Then Micki took us to the train station, put us on a train and then we left. Actually mom left first, and the doors were opened. I tried to run after her to make her come back. After all, the pack has to stay together! Chris was not amused, strictly called me back and I came, not contented at all. We had to change trains and then went all the way home. At home Chris found out that her key no longer fit the door lock. So we rang a neighbour's doorbell, who told her that there had been a water damage, the apartment door had to be opened, and the key is now stored with the police. The lady called the police, and then very soon they came. It ws nice to at least stay in the corridor, because the house door was still the same. There was  police man and a police woman, but I growled at the man, which Chris ignored. They looked at the kitchen, but chris says there was nothing destroyed, only the walls were wet. Both of us were surely happy to be back at home after such excitement.
 
Cheers for the moment, Quito.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home