Saturday, June 26, 2010

look, Ecuador and Iran!

Hello hello from the sunny place in the north.

I know when it is sunny, because those days Chris spends on the balcony
after lunch. Today was a very calm and quiet day anyway, because after the
morning walk Chris went back to bed and really slept for a couple more
hours. But then she got up, watched TV and finally took me out for the
afternoon walk. Then she stayed on the balcony and even took a nap there,
too. Chris must have been very very tired.

But what I wanted to tell you are two things.

In the mystery box the balls are flying again, the small and the large. The
large ones are connected with lots of noise, while the small balls are hit
using hand expansions, and people only cheer when the ball gets a break from
being beaten. Chris says they had a really really long match the other day,
longer than any match previously played, but she could not watch it, because
she was on the road with me, in my opinion the better alternative, which
Chris does not clearly contradict, because she too has to admit that we were
having a good time.

And finally, she has discovered something nice on the page that tells her
how many people read what I have to share, and where they are from. And she
was delighted to see that Iran has started reading again. She explained to
me, however, that in that place they cannot share what the world has to say
as easily as Chris and I can. I don't think I have to understand that, it is
just fun writing and knowing that somebody reads what I write.

But then she was also thrilled she found that somebody from Ecuador read my
ramblings. I don't know Ecuador, just like I don't know Iran, but Chris says
that Ecuador is where the gifted tennis family is from with Nicolás, her
favourite of them all, but his uncle Andres was a champion, and his cousin
Roberto is a talent among the juniors. If Nicolás has so many relatives, and
Chris knows them, then why don't I know them?

Oh, she says that is one of the mysteries the mystery box holds, for neither
does she know any of the relatives in person. Hot air, boring, Chris, for I
am sure if somebody has so many relatives, then I would find somebody to
play run or fetch or wrestle with.

Allright, time to nap, my food has been a meat meal this time, cheers,
Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home