Friday, June 25, 2010

part two of the conquered land

Allright, here we go again.

The next morning Chris got up and ready, and then we walked out of the room.
I knew where the exit was, and so after a bit of hesitation she followed me.
However, we did not take the exit, but we found a staircase and walked into
a room, where Chris spotted somebody reading the newspaper and asked if he
could help her collect her breakfast. He did, and she says he was like a
parent to her. They taled a lot, and it appeared that he also knows the big
boss of hers, the tall man whom I like. The man left, and a lady arrived.
Chris seemed to be very friendly with her, too, and she made sure we were
both allright. After she had finished eating we went back to the room, where
Chris finished packing.

Then somebody knocked on the door, and there was yet another lady I did not
know. Chris invited her inside, finished packing and then put me on flexible
leash. We said goodbye to the friendly ladies, who had grown by the number
to three. I greeted every one of them and then walked back to Chris, and
then we left to stroll around the little tiny small streets without grass or
trees. Chris says this is because the place is so old and very narrow.

When we were back at the building, Chris harnessed me up, and the lady
communicated with her, like my beloved dog coach had not so long ago.
However, she did not talk about me, but instead she fed Chris information
about the surrounding, the essence of which Chris passed on to me as
commands and instructions. Both of the ladies said that I worked
marvelously, only at one point did I run over a curb and was made rework it.
The funnest part of the route came when Chris encouraged the instructor to
take a very narrow path instead of the official route. There were cherries
above their heads, and fresh green grass, and she let me run free, because
the path was really narrow, and i could not escape anywhere or get
distracted. O what a reward that was, I ran and jumped and promptly returned
when called. Only once there was a man on te other side of the fence cutting
flowers, and I barked at him. But when Chris continued on her way, i
preferred to follow her rather than getting in trouble with the man.
We arrived at the work building, walked around there a little more and then
walked back the route to the hotel. There the ladies had coffee and I got
water, and then we walked towards the work building again. And there we met
one of the friendly ladies who had gone to the beach with us the previous
week, not the one from yesterday, but the other one. She showed us around,
and of course, we met more interesting people who talked to Chris.

Then we left, walked a little more and then there was another strange man
with a strange car, into which I set my paws after having said farewell to
the instructor, a very calm and open lady. The driver again wasn't pleased
with me in the back seat, but Chris managed again to break his reservations,
and at the end he very readily helped her find the meeting point, from we
were picked up by an elderly assistant and taken to our platform after
having helped Chris buy a little food for the way. Chris and I boarded our
final train, on which we stayed forever.

She had purchased a tiny music box, with which she can even repeat what she
had said earlier on, and I can clearly hear the bell of my collar jingling
through that music box - how strange is that?
Well, the music box mainly played music, and there was one particular song
she kept repeating. We arrived at our home train station in beautiful
weather, were met yet another assistant and headded towards the streetcars.
However, the man informed Chris that we had to wait a long time for the next
train, and so she decided to take a taxi.

This time the strange car ride went very well, Chris and the man talked and
laughed, and he let us off at the right spot right at home. We immediately
went for a dot walk, and then we were back home. It was so great to see how
pleased Chris was with me.

I have to admit that the next morning, and even today I was very tired but
eager to walk and work. I just slept at work and that was it. I also heard
that Chris praised my readiness to find solutions in unexpected situations,
and that she loves it how eager I am to work. It's true, I hate to stop when
i am in the middle of working, just because Chris has to pick up nstructions
from the instructor. I just love running and speeding along

I think I will be having a good time with Chris all in all, this evening we
wrestled again after a long time, and I try not to jump on her or tear her
clothes. And she even brought out the rope for me to fetch, o what a joy!
Goodnight for now, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home