Sunday, August 01, 2010

late but exciting news

Hello hello all and every:

I have had a few very exciting days, but as luck would have it, Chris hardly
let me use the computer, for either she wanted to have it or she was too
tired to wait until I was ready.

Anyway, here goes:

At the end of last week Chris packed bags and harnessed me up, and then we
went for the streetcar. She says I did a marvelous job guiding her there.
Then a girl helped her find out when she had to board a streetcar, and so we
did and rode to the train station. There two very helpful people made sure I
did not misguide her, but I was just caucious and really slowed down at the
staircases. We found the service desk and then waited for assistance. Chris
made me follow the lady up to the platform, and then we rode for a long
while, changed trains and rode some more. Then we had to wait in the
drizzling rain at a train station I didn't know at all, but the wait was
rewarded big time.

I saw Micki arriving, but Chris made sure she was greeted first, and then it
was my turn. Micki put us in her car and we drove a while, until we were at
a kind of shopping center. Chris walked with a lady, and Micki took me
outside for a little stroll. When we returned, a lady was busy messing
around with Chris' hair. And as they were done, both Micki and Chris were
very saisfied. Chris left quite a bit of her hair at that place, she says it
grows anyway, and she didn't need so much hair on her head for now.

Then we went to a food place. It was very noisy, but Micki and Chris liked
it there. They had some kind of insects they say, and other folks were quite
amazed they had them, when Chris wrote them a message on the phone, but
Chris and Micki enjoyed them.
We went to a place I didn't know, but I was allowed to stay in a bedroom
with Chris - how wonderful. The next morning she let me out - o what fun -
there was another dog! His name was Rudi, and he was such fun. He is younger
than me, but the two of us have become buddies right away. Playing with him
is a lot of fun. He has a bone that squeeks. At first he always got it
before me, but then I discovered that I am stronger and can win the war of
tugs. He manages to distract me though, by claiming he sees something
interesting, and then he's got the bone back. I spent most of the day
outside with Rudi, the weather was great. But at one point we took the car
to another shopping center, because Chris had discovered that her shoes were
breaking apart. In the evening all the four oof us went outside into the
fields - and o how great it is to run free and play with Rudi!

The following day was as nice, except that we went to a place they call
airport, which I have never been to, either. By the way, the place we were
staying at is one of Chris' sisters' home, Chris likes her a lot, but the
sister is away on holidays, and so Micki takes care of the house and garden.

Then came the new day, and Chris made me get up early. We took another
stroll through the mmeadows, and then Rudi was left behind, before we
returned to the place they call airport.

What we did there I will tell you in another mail, before this gets too
long. chris says we will go on the dog walk now, and then soon we'll also
have to go to work, because she's volunteered.
Cheers, Quito.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Best Way Inn said...

I have lived in Quito for over 16 years, I am happy to help with any questions you might have about the country. Patrick- bullock0005@yahoo.com

1/8/10 14:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home