Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Complete review

Hi all:
I still owe you the complete review of that trip that is long ago. I
told you all about the train chaos, or at least I hope so. If not, here
we go:

I again knew that we were going to travel when Chris put some of my food
in a plastic bag and carried it over to the bedroom. And there she
usually puts it into a suitcase or some other case, so I have my usual
food for travelling. Then comes the water bowl which holds my meals,
too, and the medication to make walking easier.

And quite right, we did get up really early, I was even allowed to run
off leash, and then we took the train. At that smaller train station the
friend and zher mom waited for me. We took a short train and then a bus.
And by the time I arrived at the apartment, I was quite wet. But we went
for a Hapoo walk anyway.

We stayed at the friend's house for a few days, and Chris says that I
behaved much better as far as barking goes than the last time. I really
like it there. And because we don't do much there, I get cow ears or
bones to keep me busy.

When we left, we walked to the train station, but planned to take a bus.
That did not come, so we got drenched again. We waited for a train, took
one, waited and waited for a second one, and I was dried off completely
by the time that train came. Chris says it was chaos.

Finally we arrived at the sister's house, where my buddy the outside dog
lives. Of course, we had a romp in the courtyard, and Chris and the
nephew threw balls for us. I just love that!

Once during the week I discovered the rooom where the chicken food was
stored, so I helped myself to some old and rotten pizza and old bread. I
made vomiting noises during the night, so Chris took me out fast. But I
only delivered a present once back inside and while Chris was vacuum
cleaning in the morning. Chris didn't discover it, because I made sure
not to put it in her way. But the sister's Shadow discovered it, and
poor mom, who had just arrived cleaned it up, even though Chris said she
would.

I really loved it when mom arrived and sang for her and jumped and ran
all around her. Mom is just cool. Chris and I had to move bedrooms from
the usual one to a tinier one with a PC. She slept on an air matress
with her feet under the desk. But there was enough room for my blanket.
I didn't need that, for I usually lie at the door, so I can guard Chris
well.

There was a huge celebration going on, the nephew being in the center of
it all. Even Chris had a tiny present for him. But she gave it to a
little girl to bring him, because she was sad her family only had one
present.
I loved the party, all the little children gave me pets, and everybody
admired me. That's how it is supposed to be!
I was kept on leash at all times, only when the other sister threw a
stick for me and the tiny dog, who was visiting while my big buddy was
gone. But there was so much yummy food around that Chris didn't let me
leave her side. Quite unfortunate, for I would have caught a bite or
ten. I am fast at that, you know!

After all that mom and I left to go home, and here my quiet nice routine
has picked up again. It is just too warm outside, so Chris and I only
walk twice each day. I don't want to, it's too hot!
Cheers and goodnight, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home