Saturday, May 20, 2006

The ball days part 2

Here I am again with the actual ball days stuff.
On the first day of it all we started off where only a few people were
sitting on benches. Chris says we were sitting at the left of the short
side of the court. The guy behind us had fun telling Chris about the
ball changes, and she had fun listening. They didn't have the same
favourite, but Chris' one won the whole ball exchanging series straight.
It was like the TV: Chris had her tiny little seven keys writing thing
with her to keep the scores safely hidden somewhere. She even managed to
prove the memory of the describer guy wrong with that hiding of the
scores method - cool Chris imo. But nobody applauded her for that.
I had already mentioned that when we left the small place with the
benches, we were given permission to go where the folks on their chairs
with weels were. One match was ending with the wrong winner, but then
came the one Chris wanted to see so desperately. She has it with Alex
people. Before this Alex she had anotherfavourite Alex, but he no longer
plays. The first one was from a place where the word "querida" comes
from - Chris calls me that very occasionally. But this current Alex
speaks like Chris when she's not with Shadow - German. However, just
like the Mr Music Man, he never even once talked to me, looked at me or
gave me pets, though Chris cheered him on and even had a smile for him
when he didn't win his ball exchange series. She just says she would
have loved to have the broken racket, so she can see what it looks like.
Strange, now she goes into collecting things that no longer work
<tsstss>

I don't remember what we did then, but we finally ended up on another
quiet little place with benches, where two guys were playing. The
folksin front of us were speaking yet another language. Chris says that
is the language of the place where she and Shadow sometimes spend their
summer, and that place is called Frank or Francis or so. It's not the
Francisco place where Shadow's mom lives, but this other one - you
know.... That one man liked me a lot, he even petted me without asking
Chris for permission, and she for once let him - yippee!
After that one was over, we stayed at the same place, but just moved to
the very front. Chris wanted me to jump, but right behind her was a
fence. So she picked me up, lifted me over the bench she was sitting on
and put me down between that and the fence. And there we stayed forever,
until I saw Chris' Alex again. Had I not been supposed to behave, I
might have barked to greet him. This time he was accompanied by three
other folks, eventually it was two on each side of the field.
And this time - Chris was so happy - the Alex man and his ball chasing
helper won the exchange series they in sist on calling a match. You
would have thought for a reward of our loyal support they came over and
petted me and gave Chris a hug, but no way! They left and that was it.
If they don't like Chris, fine with me. But if they don't like me,
that's unbelievable! They just don't know me well enough!
We went back to the big place with the chairs on weels, but didn't
finish watching what was going on. Both mom and Chris were tired. But we
stopped at a place where all kinds of things were for sale. One guy
bought himself a new jacket, and Chris started joking with him and the
guy behind the counter. They all had fun with each other, but nobody
petted me. With mom's help Chris bought a cup and a big white blanket.
She immediately declared it her own, because it was white and I am
black. And mom was very proud that I was the only woofer allowed at the
venue, equipped with a special permit only for my beautiful self! When
he gave mom the bag, the guy told Chris that - oops - two cups instead
of one had fallen into the bag, probably the second one was for Shadow.

So we went home and I was allowed to run on the flexible leash all the
way back. I was a really good girl, I didn't even ask for my second
Hapoo walk around lunch! Next morning, thank goodness, the ladies got up
earlier, and I spoke up telling Chris that I desperately needed a
business break. So she got dressed, and mom, too, and we went out before
breakfast. During the meal I was the bestest Hapoo ever, lying under the
big table again, the same as the day before. Then the ladies packed the
bags, and off we went, mom pulling the suitcase, and me guiding Chris
right up to the tunnel train.
Do you want more? Well if so, then wait till maybe tomorrow - I have
just received a bone to play fetch and finally chew. So have a good one
everybody, woofs, cheers, chews, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home