Thursday, June 15, 2006

My water experience

Hi all:
I have to tell you this story before we are getting a visitor tomorrow,
which means I will be scarce at the putercom again.
Yesterday after breakfast Chris and mom took me out with my nylon body
harness. We drove a while and then stopped at a place where I could see
water. Chris took me on the leash and we very casually walked inside the
water. Cool, I could stand in it! So Chris removed the leash and called
for me, moving into the water more. I jumped up, fell splashing into the
water and moved forward like this. When that was no longer possible, I
ran out, circled the dry zone and heard Chris call me again quite
cheerfully. So splash, in I was, and the same game repeated!
I am amazed, this water is different from the sea that we go to. I can
drink it, it doesn't move, it is shallow and pretty warm, and I can
stand and walk in it.
It is slightly fun, but I enjoy it even more to run outside, turn and
toss in the moist grass, get up and shake and run and shake and shake
and have the sun dry me off.
This morning Chris and mom went there again with me, and at one point
they even made me go into the deeper water, where jumping and splashing
was not an option anymore. So I swam and swam, and it was actually not
bad or scary. I could very easily swim ashore and do my running game.
And when Chris noticed I had enough, she put the leash back on me and
told me to stay right at the edge of the water. I do so very nicely, and
she is always happy when she comes back, to see me waiting so quietly.
Cheers and have a good time, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home