Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day Nine

This was a tough one. We went out and everything was okay. The coach arrived and we headded for work again. Of course, this was to be traffic light day, and it was for sure. The first light we encountered was our target for a long while. Probably not half an hour, but it felt like it. The next light went down really well, so we went into work and talked to my cousin, whom Quito seems to have recognised.

But as we were leaving the place, my colleague and dog advisor Petra came to say hi. You wouldn't believe it, Quito took a moment to think and then jumped up on Petra like I have never seen. Petra was the one who had taken Quito to her first host family from the breeders, but I never thought Quito would remember. That was so wonderful to see! We went back towards the trafic light and again took a long while to get it right. Again, the second one went allright, but the third one was desastrous again. It was partly my fault and partly Quito's obvious unwillingness to do her job. I am really glad the coach is with me, so we can fix the problem before we are on our own.

In the supermarket, Quito did a great bit of following around obstacles and past shelves, that was great to see. She even found the entrance to the streetcar and was great in the city, except that she very quietly aproached another dog and contacted him.

We modified her anouncing the traffic lights so that she has to sit in front of the pole, maybe that gives some calm closure of the task and makes it easier for her. As we grow as a team, more and more things are to be worked on before the coach leaves us with a good feeling. The coach and I are getting on very well, and as a side effect I get advice on how to change my diet to a healthier way gradually, and she goes to a cosmetics store with me to look at their products for herself. Surely, by the time we arrived back at home we were all tired and worn out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home