Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day Seven

We went for the morning route, but of course, Quito did no business. She doesn't like flexible leash breaks, she is a free runner.

So when the coach came to pick us up, we tested Hapoo's harness on Quito to see how I would feel using it. We had decided to try the route to work, and there a wonderful surprise was waiting. Where I have to cross the main semi-highway street, they have installed audible trafic signals - that is really really wonderful. Quito walked marvelously, but showing these sign poles was not her favourite task it seems. We could not go into work, but we let her run around the little parking area where Hapoo also used to run. Sure enough she did her business there. Then we walked back and paid some more attention to the traffic lights.

We took a longer break at my home and then started for my mom's place, which includes the streetcar, the central train station and a train and a longer rural route. It was nice to see that Quito raced along, just like Hapoo, as if she knew the way. We had issues with entrances to the trains, but we decided to see how it develops from here.

Mom had made a really delicious cake, and Quito tried to play with my sister's little dog. He is not a major player, so eventually I got her to settle down by my side for the really tasty food. then we all went outside, and my niece played frisby with the dogs. It was fun to see how Quito picked it up, and when my niece tried to grab it from her, running was more important than possessing. Quito and my niece even played a little game of tug. But when I called her, Quito came.

We sat and talked for a little longer, before we went back to the train station, coach, Quito and I. We saw two signs of imprivement, as Quito really showed me the entrance to the streetcar and then even announced the trafic light, even though that is so easy to locate and show. But or now we are happy with every little sign of improvement.

I am sure Quito was tired by the time we got back home, and she received a beef bone for supper, which I had put out to defrost in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home