Sunday, August 15, 2010

spying on Chris

Hi everywoof:
 
Chris has discovered the machine on her desk by the computer. It makes a lot of humming noises, and Chris turns books on it all the time. She slams shut a kind of shade on top of the book, and then the humming starts again.
 
This procedure she calls scanning, as she cannot read books like this. she has to put them through camera checks of each single page she turns, and then the computer can make sense of it for her. And then she sits and listens to the computer, as it reads the books to her.
 
Chris says she is currently reading a book by andabout one of her favourite tennis players; well there are many of them, but she says it was a man called Agassi who initiated her interest in the sport. Too bad, Mr Agassi, and now I am stuck with it and you have snuck out of the responsibility, and you don't pity me in the least I suspect, because you don't know how boring it is when I cannot run after the ball and retrieve it for Chris!
 
Talking about retrieving, I think Chris is pretty happy with my retrieving the signal jacket and collar. I don't like grabbing the flexible leash, because it is too hard in my mouth. But I can bring the collar and signal jacket, and after the walk I can even take both from her hand and put them away on the lower shelf. Chris says that's an advantage, because I only used to retrieve the collar when she tossed it away, so it moved and I could chase it.
 
Tonight Daniel was here, and I was quite a good girl when he entered. I did not make a big fuss over him, but I waited until he greeted me and then tried to jump up on him. I have to admit that once when Chris and Micki wanted to unload the car I jmped up on the door. The next time they left me in the apartment I thought both were gone. All of a sudden the door flew open, Chris made a big noise and I went flying to my dog bed - o that was a mighty scare. Since then I am trying to stay on my bed when she leaves. Chris seems to have the invisible eye that sees beyond the closed door - mysterious!
 
Well anyhow, Daniel was here tonight, and he talked to me about coming to visit him without Chris. Hold on, where is she going? She says she will be watching some loud music, and that is nothing for my ears, so I'd better stay with Daniel. I like him no doubt, but it all depends on what we are going to do. Maybe I can go swimming or he takes me to the other dog - that would be fun!
 
Well I've got to go, I think Chris wants to start the camera bookcheck, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home