Wednesday, August 11, 2010

what a wonderful time

You know, I love doing things I have never done before. Can you believe it? One night we were shopping with Silke, and Chris took me to see an escalator. She says during training with my coach she had taken me to an escalator platform, but I had refused to move one inch onto it. While shopping, Chris took me near one again, and we were close to the steps that move. I watched them, but we did not step onto the escalator. Chris says we were in a rush and she was not relaxed enough. But even me stepping onto the platform was something she did not expect.
 
Another day we first went for the morning walk, and then later Chris harnessed me up and we went to the other grocery store. We waited and waited, until Daniel showed up. He haid he was late because he had slept a little too much. The humans had coffee and some cake, and then we took the streetcar to a place I hadn't been too, either. We walked into a park, and Chris let me walk in harness, so I could work. She says I only needed a bit of polishing for little bumps in the road, but generally I had a nice pull. Hey, I was enthusiastic and thrilled to explore! We even walked back all the way home, which covers three streetcar stops. We had to take a little break in a room with money spitting machines, because Daniel was not prepared for the showers of rain that kept hitting, but then we walked on home. That was a wonderful day out. Chris says she had never been to that park either.
 
Daniel is mean, he tells on me and my childish querks. s I had to lie down to wait under a sheltering roof, a little piece of plastic wrapping paper lay in front of my nose. and as I breethed against it, it started to move. Strange thing I tell you, why does that move when I breethe? But it was surely fun to watch.
 
The next morning before going to work, we went to the bakery. On the way back I had to do big business, but I was in harness, so Chris had to push me over to the grass. When we go to work I relax and walk slowly, so I can watch the world. Chris doesn't like that at all, so she really made me walk fast - o that was really unpleasant! I hate being rushed when I can usually watch. But she also praises me for my awareness of high obstacles. I slow down when there's no way to avoid them, and she likes that.
 
Well yesterday we went shopping with mom. Into one shop and out, into another shop and out. into the big mall, have food and then go shopping. Well I decided again that I had to get  bit lighter, which Chris was not amused about at all. She says she was embarrassed, because we had been on our morning walk. Well what can I do when I have to go? Micki cleaned up, a man gave us a doggie bag, and the bakery lade helped with paper towels, and Micki really did a great job.
 
But I worked well following Micki everywhere, Chris admits that, too. And she also says she should have taken me outside between the shopping tours, too.
Cheers, she's in a hury again, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home