Saturday, September 04, 2010

wild vacation

Well i have come up with a solution.
The past week, the name ofanother Chris has been mentioned by Chris quite
often. it is apparently belinging to a voice that comes out of various
boxes - the big voice box under the picture with the huge things that
actually release the voice, the little voice box by the TV, as the picture
box is called, and out of the TV itself - and sometimes even out of the
computer, which I use to write to you.
Strange voice spredding, if you ask me.

Well things started getting more Chris-struck when Sophia arrived, a very
patient lady I have not seen before. She let me sniff her out the first
night we met, and that was quite a nice thing to let me get to know her my
Quito way.We had wonderfully long walks one day, we walked to the beach side
where the boads disappear under my feet and come back on the other side of
the road. and then we walked home from the train station - how cool - and
the weather was wonderful.
The next morning, however, it was raining like hell. Chris got an umbrella,
a plastic bag, put me on leash and we walked the morning route. But instead
of going back upstairs, we waited for somebody. O what a thrill when Daniel
came! Chris put me in the back of the car and gave Daniel my bag. There was
my food in it, that's for sure. But who cares for food, when one has to find
out that Chris is not getting in at the front? She walked back home, and
Daniel left with me. We went to work without the harness.

Daniel took me everywhere with him, he let me sleep on my place and sat at
Chris' desk. Not too bad, because everything is as usual and I like Daniel.
He took me to the meeting and into the cafeteria. Occasionally he ran over
my food with his wheelchair, because I had so much fun jumping and running
all around him, well my fault I guess, but being with Daniel is a lot of
leisure and pleasure.

When Daniel moved to a different desk, he made me stay at my place, and Eric
arrived. Allright, I know him, and as long as somebody is there, I am
allright. But when Eric left, I went and looked around for somebody to be
with, and so Daniel let me stay with him. We went outside again, and then
the cool thing happened.

Another colleague of Chris' and Daniel's came and brought her little puppy
dog. And she was fun fun fun!!! We played, wrestled, romped. Outside in open
space I was way faster than she, even though she ran the inner circle. But
inside Daniel's apartment she was ahead of me, because it is narrow there,
and she could slip through smaller gaps and get away. O Lotte is great fun.
I tried to cover her up, but she always got away, and then we played more.
We just couldn#t stop!

I stayed with Daniel until the next morning, when he took me to work again.
We even went outside to the parking lot where Chris lets me run, and we
barked at each other and I jumped and ran and had funfunfun once again. I
then lay by Daniel, because it is nice there, and I even got it that with
him I needn't pull, but walk beside his outer wheel instead. Clever, am I
not?

Chris arrived, and with her two other people - no idea who they were. Chris
says it's the sound engineer and his lady. The man immediately cuddled me -
well I was surely taken by surprise. But when we went outside and Chris let
me run, he tried to run after me, and I didn't like it much. He tried to
touch me again, and I sure was not amuse, I stepped back and Chris harnessed
me up. I want to choose my own friends, hear me?

The man heard and left, but I think Chris likes him and his lady. She says
he has brought her a record player. Indeed, things got crazy with the
annonymous, invisible, mysterious Chris.

All the time they asked how it was with him, and all the time Chris smiled
and said it was good. She also says she had brought him two presents and he
took them from her. Well excuse me, aren't humans supposed to accept
presents out of politeness anyway? So I simply think that mystery man was
simply polite, not a big dea.

However, at night when we returned, Sophia was there still, how nice, and
the apartment was good to have back. Chris says Sophia was her angel, and
the place was clean and tidied up better than Chris could ever have done.
Apparently the two ladies had had breakfast with the sound engineer and his
lady.

Sophia, too, talked about the invisible Chris and how good last night had
been. Well if it was so good, why on earth did you not take me along, huh?
Chris just tells me that my ears would've hurt, and I wouldn't have enjoyed
it half as much as she did. Plus the invisible Chris would not have greeted
me anyway. Yeah right, he kisses your hand and you believe he wouldn't play
with me? Humans, o these humans! I think everybody would be up for a great
energetic run with me, at least Daniel and Petra and all!

The next morning we left without Sophia, Chris says Sophia needed to sleep
after having been at the beach again. In the morning she also took care of
some guy repairing the windows or so (no idea, not my business), and then
the sound engineer brought something for Chris. And that was when Chris
found out that one of her sisters, the one who has little fun Rudi with her,
was at the hospital and things had looked very scary. When we came home in
the afternoon, no Sophia was there. But when we went to sleep at night, the
little bear was there, one makeshift bear it is, that Chris likes, but not
as she likes me, she says. But before that we were at another beach with a
cool man, the big tall boss, and they talked and I went sniffing around on
leash. I still don't have a reliable recall Chris says - yeah why should I,
when sniffing and watching is far more interesting than returning when
called?

Well at night the invisible Chris was haunting me again, he sang out of the
big voice box in the livingroom, and Chris kept carefully juggling with
plastic disks I have never seen before. Maybe if she played frisbee I would
like them, but she threatens, dare I touch her records! Allright allright,
she can be furious for sure, I know that!

But for now, she says, I have been wonderful and nice and silly this
morning, running full speed through a major puddle so that everybody thought
it had rained outside - o that was loads of fun! Ant upstairs at work I had
to play some more, just to get rid of my energy!
Cheers for now, I've got to go and probably won't be back until next week,
Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home