Friday, June 27, 2003

Hello friends:
I need to tell you about these past three days. On Monday Chris stayed in bed for quite a while talking. Later I found out that Shadow had woken her up again, this time unintentionally. Chris did not seem to mind, she just stayed in bed and talked, until Mom came to see if she was willing to get up and have breakfast at all. Actually, this happened yesterday, Tuesday. Although everybody else was gone, they had breakfast upstairs.
After lunch we all went to the city by car, where we attended the lecture at university, followed by something Chris calls a guided tour. One person is walking ahead, turning around from time to time shouting something at the others listening. They don’t run, but listen patiently.
Then we hurried to the central train station, where we did not get far. Just as we reached the staircase, somebody came up and greeted us. It was a friend of Chris’ from the time I was probably either not yet born or not trained as guide dog. We went by friend’s car back into the city, where the two ladies had ice-cream and coffee and spent their time talking. We walked through several stores and they had another drink, and then the friend was so kind to drop us off at home.

This morning after breakfast we went shopping. Chris did not leave me outside, but took me with her everywhere. At one point I had to wait at the table while they got food for themselves, but I did not mind, since Chris never went far. It took a while until I found out what exactly Chris had bought.
I find her sitting on the couch operating her computer. She has moved the keys from in front of the PC and now takes it either to the couch or the armchair, depending on how close a tennis match is to the end. Strange correlation I would say, but I have mentioned on many occasions that humans generally are strange. Now if only one of you readers could tell me what is strange about Chris and what is strange about mankind…
And then mom and Chris have something similar like telephones, only they can move these devices freely, and they have speakers on them. Whenever Chris wants to tell mom something, she presses a button and then talks. One day she will have all her apartment with technology that beeps, talks, vibrates, anything you can think of. Well there you are, I will have to quit now, Chris wants to watch her favourite Nicolas Lapentti (God forbid if I spell that wrongly) playing tennis, yours, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home