Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Here is part two of the wedding – if you haven’t already read part one, scroll down to the post below.
Okay, off we go:
We arrived at the place where we were celebrating. Sister Suse had put a paper heart in front of the door. Sister Dorothee and her husband each had to start cutting it out at one side until they could remove it and enter the house through the opening. Their only tools were nail clips. Everyone else followed. Then Chris put me down on one side of the house and left me there forever. She herself stood around talking to her cousin’s husband and then to nephew Hans. Then they sat down at the table and continued talking. At one point I was fed up lying around, so I got up and looked for my master. Her cousin Christine was sitting beside her, but I finally found Chris. She permitted me to lie down under the table, which was still far better than having to stay at the other end of the room, so far from her.

Later we went out and watched the kids on the playground. Then Chris handed me over to Christine’s husband, while she was playing on a piano that did not sound like a piano. It had two sets of keys that looked like a step, and she was talking to her sisters who re-arranged a part of the room.

Then they started talking and singing, and at one point even Chris got up and said something and walked around singing. I don’t know why she did not pick me up then, but she did not seem to mind me staying where I was kept.

Mom and Chris and I went outside and put bags and stuff into our room, and I got the chance to run around a little. Then everybody ate again, after sister Suse had a performance, too. I was too far to see or smell, but people seemed to have liked it. I forgot that Sister Anna treated me with a piece of cake, which was just great. Apart from that I never received any of the food the others had. Hans took Chris for food and talked to her, and later the other nephew went outside with us, when the loud music started. It was really noisy, but I coped with it. Chris petted me a lot, and when she decided to go to the smoking area, I got loads of pets from everybody. However, it was nice when Chris finally took me to the room and went to sleep. I barked when mom arrived, but then went straight back to sleep.

The next morning – I still had not gotten any food – I was let off the leash and then we went and sat at the breakfast table for ages. There came this little girl and sat down on the floor beside me. She kept petting me until Chris told her that I needed a little rest. Then she came back and continued petting, which was just wonderful. There seemed to have been a bit of trouble with one of the sisters, but why would I care? Chris was there, I received lots of pets, and everything was just perfect. Everybody left, until only Suse, mom, Chris and I were remaining. The two others sat on a bench outside and smoked, Chris stood and listened to their conversation, and Gorki and I were allowed to run free and explore. It was nice and quiet, until we got into the car and left for home.

There Dorothee, Wolfgang, Lena and Henning and Hans were on the balcony, but then we – I mean they – all unpacked cars, and then Chris took me downstairs. There she checked her computer and telephone. We went on the balcony, they watched a video that reminded me of the ceremony in church, except that it was in the living room this time, and then we really went downstairs after the evening walk.

All for now and from the wedding, the only thing that’s left to say is that I got a lot of food that night and loads of praise, and that everybody left on Monday, except mom, of course. Have a wonderful time now, yours, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home