Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Hi folks:
Now I still owe you the changes in my immediate surrounding, so here we go.
The reason why Chris does not go into the Hapoo store so often anymore is a strange one. Sometimes somebody will just come to our house, and all of a sudden I see Chris carrying food bags into the basement (out of my reach, unfortunately). We used to take them home by car, but now they are delivered in a mysterious way. I wonder how strangers know when Chris wants new Hapoo food. She says Internet, but I have no idea. Is one of the readers to blame? If so, please, please let me know!

I think I have not told you about my basket, have I? One day we came home from the Hapoo store with a huge basket. In the store itself the lady put it on the ground, and Chris told me to go inside. I did, but hesitated when she told me to lie down. That basket was quiet hard and uncomfortable. But I do trust Chris and so I lay down, which I got a few encouraging pets for. Then I was permitted off the basket really soon, but we took it home with us. To my amazement Chris put it up right where my mats used to lie - and a cuddly soft bed inside. Now with that cover inside it the basket was heaven - I really loved it, and I loved looking over the edge.

However, the basket is history. One afternoon Chris called me into mom's living room, where I saw a monster of a kind of a basket set up. Chris told me to go in, which I did not like much. The floor was plastic and I did not like walking on it. Once I was inside Chris put a roof on it. I did not at all like this rof over my head and tried to run out all the time, even after Chris had given me a good treat. No, I just did not like it. I was not asked, Chris took the house downstairs. She calls it a transport box (air plane certified - whatever), and made me like it gradually.
She put my soft cover inside and a cow ear (a treat I really love chewing) and closed the door behind me. I didn't mind, I was chewing away. She told me to stay inside but left the door open, and she put treats through the wire holes, which was fun.
I did not like it when she closed the door for the night, so I tried to open it by hitting it. But that door wouldn't. After a while Chris must have woken up, refilled the water and occawsionally slipped me a treat I could chew for a little longer. She has found Hapoo biscuits I can chew for a couple of minutes, and of course, I love that.
In the meantime I am a proud house owner, and Chris only closes the door when I am having a cow ear or when she is not in the room. I go inside my house myself after walks or when I want to have my peace and quiet, or when Chris is moving around too much. On all other occasions I have found a great second favourite place right by the door with the stuffed animals. I like them in winter, too, but they are nice for when I don't want to be lying in the Hapoo house.
Chris is having fun, she says I even snore inside the house.
She has made improvements of my comfort already. The water bowls delivered with my house were way too small, so my caring favourite Chris bought one larger one she attached to the house door. I can have water now both when I am in the house and the door is closed, and when I am outside and the door is open. I like my house, and on this positive note I will finish writing for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home