Friday, July 14, 2006

Bushman and the bushes

Hi all:
I haven't updated you much on anything lately, but I have to tell you
about what happened to me yesterday. First of all, I need to mention
that Shadow has been with us for quite a while now. He and Chris and I
went to the city yesterday, and walked and walked and walked around.
From one shop to another, they looked at zillions of handbags and even
Shadow disapeared in one of those rooms where they try on clothes that
they either eventually wear at home or one never sees them again. The
only thing Chris complained about was my dog distraction. I always want
to either play with them or bark and growl at them to leave out of my
territory, and that of Chris and Shadow, of course. She was, however,
proud that I obeyed Shadow's command to sit and down and stay, when
Chris was already In one of those clothes rooms. Cool I am, I know who
is nice and who Chris likes!

In the evening we arrived, and when Chris allowed me to race upstairs, I
met the cousin, who suggested to go swimming. We did, and the folks had
lot of fun. The police cars and the police folks in civil clothes were
everywhere, and they even prohibited Chris from swimming out too far in
the lake. Shadow talked to a lady who told him about a Bush man. She
said that bush man was arriving at the airport, and nobody was to go
near him. Excuse me, who wants to go near a bush man, I wonder! Chris
says she doesn't, and she says if he always causes so much trouble, then
he should stay back home in Bush-land.

While Chris was swimming in the lake, I stayed with Shadow. And when she
came out, he went swimming with the nephew again, and I stayed with
Chris. There were too many people there for me to be allowed to run into
the shallow water, quite unfortunately. After a while even Shadow and
the nephew came out of the water, and we all got back into the car. The
cousin and mom discovered loads of police folks. They saw one counting
how many people we were in the car, and one stopped us. Cousin rolled
down her window, and that man asked what we had done and where we were
going to. Mom apparently had a nice answer for him, for everybody in the
bus burst out laughing.
They made a lot of fun of the bushman and the police people. Chris said
if it cost us taxi payers 20 million euros to keep this buddy happy and
entertained in one of the poorer regions of our country, then why
doesn't he stay at home and have that fun for cheaper!
Anyways, we stopped in the middle of a small country road and all got
out of the car. Chris even let me run off leash for a little while.
Everybody went into the bushes and near a tree, where they picked
delicious sour cherries. When I discovered some lying on the ground, I
immediately started to eat them myself. I just love sour cherries that
have fallen down! Only Chris didn't eat any, she says she is allergic,
whatever that is. Allright, we were at the bushes now, so I went and
explored to see if the bushman would come out. He didn't. Instead I
coughed to get rid of the sour tickle in my throat, which prompted Chris
to put me back into the car. She left the back door open so I could lie
down and look at everybody. I didn't even see a taxi for Chris to pay,
but instead a police car came and one guy got out to ask us where we
were from, whether we were from this region. Chris said yes and asked if
he was, too. He said he wasn't and what we were doing here. We told him
to try the cherries, but he didn't want to. The other man in the car
looked at ours closely, but didn't get off. He might have been afraid of
me looking out the window at him, I'm a guard dog after all!
No bushman still in sight, so we left, and I keep wondering what
happened to him and where he was living. Chris tells me he is living in
the fanciest hotel and she doesn't want to talk about it anymore.
Allright then, my house has been cleaned and a new fluffy cushion put
in, so I'd rather go to sleep than get into trouble, cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home