Wednesday, April 25, 2007

City runs

Hi all:
I need to tell you about the past few days. As I said, it's all about
things that happened in the city. Well not really, for it all started
before that. One night Chris and I went out late for the Hapoo walk, so
we chose the shorter route around the church. I don't mind that route,
for there are plenty of opportunities to sniff, and something always
happens in the houses on the other side of the street. And oh, if you
think I was bored, no way. There came the man with his tiny dog. I had a
staring competition and then decided on a quick jump&growl. Too bad,
Chris snapped the leash and pulled back, so I didn't quite reach her. I
don't like her, okay? Anybody who stares at me has to be put back into
their boundaries, I'm the boss! I would have done that if Chris wasn't
on the leash. She was pretty mad and made me heel most of the way back.
I wasn't even allowed to sniff my favourite sniffing spot. And she also
said sorry to the little bitches man. She says he is much nicer than us
dogs.
Then two days ago Chris brought out my harness and we went to the city
with mom. There we met the cousin and a friend of hers. Guess what they
did - food and food and food - not a crumb was spared for me. Of course,
bare in mind that I had snatched a fairly large piece of self-made pizza
from same cousin a while back, so Chris is now extra strict where food
is concerned. But in order to remain fair I have to mention that I got
water, and folks had fun watching me having it while lying down.
And then came the shopping tour, during which Chris bought a dress and a
blouse in a second, ad she also bought paper that smells dull but makes
her happy. I'll tell you about that in my next post.
Something else happened during that city trip - I met a Labrador boy who
was three years old. And before Chris or his lady owner could say
anything we had already started sniffing each other. After my first
enthusiasm was cured, I sat still while he walked and sniffed all around
me, just like Chris had asked me to. And when she said it was time to
go, I walked without looking back. I did, however, need a reminder that
we were now back to working in harness.

Today we were up early, and first thing we stopped at the cemitary,
where mom had to do something while we were waiting in the car. Then on
we went and stopped at the place where the doctor lady looks Chris in
the eyes, and not me for a change. First we had to pass the children,
but I thought it would be nice to give them a lick and showed Chris
where to walk in. She made me pass, and so we first greeted the nice
ladies and then went to sit down - Chris sat on, I lay under the chair,
as always.
The time Chris spent with her human vet lady was short, the lady didn't
hurt her, and out we went. I got a little run on the grassy patch, did
my small business and then hopped back into the car. When we got out the
next time, we were near the train station. I showed Chris perfectly
where the streetcar platform was, and off we went to the city. We went
into the big store, where, once again, Chris hid in a cabin behind a
curtain, while I had to wait outside. She came out, presented a few
clothes and all the ladies, including mom, liked them. Then they bought
a little bag - yet another one - and then we went for human food. Again,
food for the humans and water for me. What I didn't drink Chris splashed
over my head and back to cool me. It is really hot these days, and Chris
is wearing a dress already, plus she spends most of her time on the
balcony. I think we then went to yet another shop, where Chris bought
another, really monstrous bag to put on her back. She says it is of good
quality, and if it were designed differently, she could put me inside it
all, this is how spaceous it is.
Cool, eh?
Allright, somebody is passing by the balcony, I have to perform my duty
and bark and look, cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home