Sunday, April 27, 2008

The crazy move

Hi all:
It seems like humans are having fun confusing me - nothing at work seems
to stay the same for too long. So this one evening I heard Chris and one
of the bosses talking - he simply lifted up the desk that she had used
for her English mess, and carried it away. How can somebody carry a huge
desk away, I wonder? Then he started to look around, and Chris told him
she wanted to help him set up things, since nothing was really going on
on the phone line. So after a while of considderation he told her that
he would clear her desk in fifteen minutes, so Chris started packing her
things and turning off the PC. She moved away all her bags beside my
Hapoo bed, and then we moved back and forth between my bed and
nowhereland in the front room. Chris helped the boss unplug and sort all
the cables, and then he lifted up the computer as if it were a laptop
and carried it away. He then told Chris to also unplug the other PC,
which she had fun doing. And the backup lady had fun with her enthusiasm
at that work, they both had a great laugh. Chris carried things to the
front room, too, until finally she also removed my Hapoo bed. She told
the two men to put the phone on the left side, because she could not
dial with the right hand, and so it was done. They even assigned a place
for her, because it was the nicer one. Cool, eh? She looked around in
that corner and found that she was by a window and by a huge plant and
by the sun. And after she had discovered that, she and I went home.

Only the following work day did I find out that I was to stay in the
front office now. I had my royal bed so that I could watch everything
and everybody, until Petra came and put the bed so that our most lovely
backup lady Angelique could reach out and pet me frequently. But still,
I did not like that spot much.

Finally, Chris had enough and told Petra about my feeling, so Petra,
nice lady that she is, moved my Hapoo bed under the huge plant, right
behind Chris. Yes, that's how I want it - lie behind Chris! I think now
I can live at the new place. Chris says that's only an option until
winter, because I am sleeping right in front of a heater.

She thinks that our new spot is more wonderful than the quiet one in the
back office. She loves the sun and the fact that she is sitting so close
to a window, which she can open for as long as she wants. She doesn't
mind the hustle and bustle around her, she has fun joking with the
people. When Christian, another blid colleague, came, she helped him
find his desk, and I think he was grateful. It's good he doesn't have a
guide dog, so I can be the only one to receive pets. We also finally saw
Eric, my most favourite colleague, because he always says hello and
gives me pets until Chris has cleared the desk for him to start working.

Allright, I think another trip is coming up. Gotta run, cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home