Saturday, March 15, 2008

When you have the chance to make up

Hi all:
Yesterday we generally had a good day. Chris has decided to stay at work
a bit longer, but she listens when I tell her that I want to go out
during work time. I am an older dog, so don't need all that much running
anymore. Only when mom or the cousin are with us, I motivate them to
play with me. After all they are great pals.

At work, Chris has not been talking on the phone all that much recently,
but instead she has made the scanner camera run for miles and miles. She
has one at work now, too, and I wonder if she will take her tennis book
over to finish scanning it -I mean the really fat one.

Anyway, yesterday when Chris was packing her things to leave, I got up
to greet mom. If course, Chris hadn't noticed mom, so she told me to go
back to my mat. Only when mom said that she was there to pick us up,
Chris let me say hi to her in a quiet way. We first played a little,
then went to a shop where Chris bought a shower curtain. Then we went
home, and the humans had coffee, destroyed the bar that holds the
curtain, and did some paper work, before mom left.

Chris and I went out later. At first the walk was normal, but then I
spotted a mouse and wanted to go after it. Of course, Chris' reaction
was as fast as always, she held me back and kept a close eye on me
afterwards. As always she was not amused. But when we arrived back at
the house, I got the chance to make up for my animal chase. Chris took
the key out of her pocket, and with it the ring she had bought together
with Shadow. The ring decided to go for a little stroll, and so she told
me to find it. I found it, but I didn't point on it the first time. So
we went back a little, Chris told me to find the ring again, and then I
put my nose right on it, so she could pick it up. O boy, did I get a
huge praise! I love that part of the job, when I have done something
really well and Chris is so so happy.

At night then I was brushed before going to sleep. I have a new place in
the bedroom, a Hapoo cushion that sinks in where I am heavy. It is
rather shaky when you step on it, which always makes me look at it with
some suspicion. But sleeping on it is worth it, for when I lie on it
Chris pets me and wrestles my paws a little before she goes to her own
bed.

Okay, she wants to do human work, she claims, so I'd better go sleep and
wait for my food, cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home