Saturday, April 19, 2008

The strange party

Well all, here comes the first of three things I have to tell you in the
meantime.

Last weekend after we had come from work, the doorbell rang, and a man
was standing there. Well to be exact, Chris was waiting for him outside
and had not taken me downstairs with her. So I heard the key and then
saw both her and the man. They ate a lot, talked a lot, and then Chris
finally went to sleep with me. In the morning she slept for very long,
and then we went for a walk before waking up the man. Chris spent most
of the day in the kitchen, and the man joined her. The weather must have
been wonderful, so they both sat and had it on the balcony. Anne had
brought the lunch, but the man spiced it up a bit, and Chris had spent
the morning preparing fruit salad and a cake. Then she went to take a
shower, and then Anne picked us all up. We went home to mom's and found
ourselves right by the church. Inside folks were already singing, and
the priestess was talking, so we quietly went and sat down. However, I
had to shake my fur, so mom said she knew that we were there from my
bell.

The priestess must have said nice words, because Chris cried a tear or
two. When everybody walked out, we finally saw mom, and we greeted the
priestess. All of a sudden a bunch of kids gathered around us and wanted
to pet me. Chris says she was amazed, because she is not usually a
children's favourite. And then we went for a long walk. People were
takin to the place of the party by car, but we did not have so many
cars, so a few of us walked. First a niece took Chris and me - I was
allowed to run on flexible leash - how nice. And the weather was
gorgeous. Chris really enjoyed the sun. And when the niece got into a
car, the sister took us with her and it was wonderful. Then we all went
and the humans had coffee and cake. Two little girls wanted Chris to sit
by them, so she did. First sister Suse said something, and then mom
introduced everybody. Of course, when she introduced Chris and me, Chris
told me to bark, and so I did. I love barking. There was also the tiny
dog of Suse's, and he doesn't like people clapping their hands. He
always barked when they did. They played a game, and then Chris went
outside with a friend of mom's to enjoy the weather. Then she organized
the key to her room and took her bag there with the aunt,and then they
stayed outside and talked some more with Suse and the aunt and the
daughter of hers. Soon enough there was supper for the humans, while I
had my day of fasting. Chris says I have put on some weight and I don't
need to eat all that much. It's no use complaining, that I have
understood.

Chris was so so tired that she was about to fall asleep at the table, so
she went to sleep. The cool nephew took her over to the house with the
rooms. She slept almost as soon as she dropped in the bed, and I only
disturbed her when I barked people away. At one point one of her many
nephews opened the door and wanted to sleep in the room, but I told him
that I was here, and Chris told him that the other bed was for mom.
Quite some time later mom came and finally freed me of my signal jacket,
which Chris had forgotten to take off me. To be fair, it doesn't bother
me all that much, it's thin flexible fabric that I wear for hours while
at work. But mom talked to me - o I love it when she does that!

The next morning they stayed in bed and talked some more before they got
up. Chris let me run free in the area, and I immediately spotted cats to
chase. Yippee, I did chase them, and when they were all out of my reach
I returned and behaved. That's the way to do it, don't you think? The
humans had breakfast, folks loaded cars with folks and stuff, and
finally the sister Suse took me and her boyfriend and the spontaneous
buest of ours and Chris back home. They had coffee and left, and Chris
and I stayed on our own. Chris slept after she watched some tennis, but
she also cleaned up a bit.

I later found out that this big party with all the family was mom's 70th
birthday. I don't know what that number means, but it must be a big
number for a big party, and mom certainly received a lot of nice
presents.
Have a good time every one and all, cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home