Sunday, March 09, 2008

Two busy busy days

Hi all:
Have I told you that we have another friend now? She comes in the
evenings or in the middle of the morning, and then she and Chris speak
English. But she says Chris is teachng her, like she used to teach the
folks far away in that hotel place we used to go to. Thy once cooked
pasta and once made sandwiches, and when they don't speak English they
speak a lot anyway. The friend even pets me every now and then, until
either she or Chris sends me to my place.

Well yesterday the friend picked us up and we went to the city. It was
sunny in the morning already, but we went inside the restaurant we used
to go to with Shadow, and the ladies had breakfast there and talked and
talked. Then we went to the bank and then to the bookstore, where they
picked up a whole lot of books. The friend, whose name is something like
Silk, helped Chris choose a few, for Chris only ended up with three. We
went back, and the ladies sat in the car for another while and continued
chatting. O my goodness, if I barked as much as they talk, Chris would
have scolded me badly, I'm sure. But that's it, humans apply different
measures for themselves than for us faithful dogs. When we are going
with her it is nice, I have the back seat all for myself, and can look
out of all windows.

After we had been on the lunch route, Chris took a nap on the balcony,
and anothert while later mom arrived, what a joy! But that meant more
work for me, as we went shopping forever! The car was packed when we
arrived at home, and I was hungry, becase it was way past my feeding
time. Then mom and Chris sat forever, chatted and had wine. They both
agreed that it was good, but I think it even smells terrible, and I
would no teven attempt to take a sniff.
This morning finally, mom got up first, after I had begged her in the
middle of the night to give me scratches, and kept herself busy in the
bathroom and the kitchen. She finally took me out to go get fresh
bredrolls, while Chris still tried to sleep. But when mom and I
returned, Chris had already gotten up. So they had breakfast, spent the
morning cleaning the apartment and writing something on the PC, and
after lunch we went to the store where Chris likes to go shopping. She
bought two chairs there.

It is funny how a flat box can turn into a chair. You first really only
have a flat cartboard box that smells dull. You manage to put it in the
car and take it home, all the way up to our apartment. Then you remove
the cardboard box, and out come separate wood, fabric and mewtal parts.
You have mom read a piece of paper and Chris work on the parts,
eventually supported by mom. And when they are finished, there it is,
the new chair. Cool, or what? I have watched her doing the same magic
trick to shelves, the armchair and fotrest, the kitchen cabinets and
even the bed. The only things that never change are the trash can, my
Food, the couch, kitchen table and chairs, flower vaswes and other
uleless things Chris has stuffed the apartment with.
I mean, chairs are useful, because on them there sit the people who pet
me. But who needs a trash can or the shelves, or even worse, the fowers?
Allright, I'd rather go and digest my non-transforming food while
sleeping, Yours, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home