Friday, April 18, 2008

The crazy times

Hi you every and all ones and twos:

Can you imagine Chris lets me use this keyboard? Well I am not
complaining much. Since a while ago we have been spending most of our
days at work. For me that does not only mean sleeping on my royal Hapoo
bed, but we also have to walk through the office at least once a day.

Chris is still at the same office with the same wonderful people, but
she does not only talk on the telephone. She talks a lot, that is true,
but not only on the phone. She has her PC talk to her first and then she
suddenly gets up, waits for the noise from the printer, runs towards it
and slowly returns to the desk with afew papers that she puts into
various folders. She says she has a folder for each of her students, so
she remembers what she has printed out. It's that no-feel print that her
eyes cannot read without help, so she has to be really organized. And
after that she even writes down in her little talking machine - a laptop
without a monitor - what she has just printed out for whom and all that.

And every now and then somebody appears at her desk and tells her that
he or she is ready to go. Then she grabs a bag or just the tiny talker,
harnesses me up and we fly through the office towards the exit door,
pass the hallway and end up in one of the small quiet rooms. And there
she and that victim of hers talk in English, sometimes more, sometimes
less, depending on the people.

They are all different. One man pets me all the time, and then blows my
Hapoo hair off the desk. The friend of Chris' says hello ad then
concentrates on what Chris gives her to do. The other lady is the
bestest of them all, I love getting scratches from her. The third
doesn't care about me, so I just sleep by Chris. The second man greets
me and pets me until he has other things to do. And for the third man I
am the therapy dog I was supposed to be in the first place, When he gets
too wound up about his English, Chris tells me to go say hi to him. And
when he pets me, he is only so slightly distracted that he calms down
and delivers far better sentences, Chris says. He always calls me mouse
- how weird's that?

Chris says she loves her English. And she loves her tennis, because we
are surely going in a few weeks from now. Maybe I am getting another
ball to play with - just a tiny little maybe?

There were two more things we did a while ago, but I hope I will manage
to wrte about them later. Cheers for the moment, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home