Sunday, December 30, 2007

Another visit with mom

Allright, it really seems Chris is not going to leave me here in the
kennels this time. One afternoon the sister arrived to pick me up, and
we went home. I mean home to mom's place. There the niece was drawing a
picture for her dad, and I just walked around not knowing what to do.
The humans had a quick lunch, and then the sister brought in a huge
tree. She decorated it and put loads of candles on it, before it was
time to go to church. Chris, the niece and I were the first ones to
leave, we were to block seats for mom and the sister. The niece did a
fantastic job guiding Chris around, because I wasn't in harness. The
usual boredom started, folks talking and then the sisters singing. I
just lay there waiting for it all to finish. On her way out Chris
greeted people, and when we had finally made it outside, she let me run
a bit. Before church Chris took me for a long walk along the romantic
route. She says she enjoyed it tremendously, and so did I.

After we had arrived, the sister disappeared in the livingroom, and when
she called, we all went inside. The candles were burning on the tree,
and even Chris found presents for herself which she was really happy
about. But you know what the best part was? The niece had bought us, me
and the tiny dog, pig ears, and she had even wrapped them. I took them
out of their box, and then sister unwrapped them and gave us each a pig
ear. Even Chris thought that was nice. She should wrap me a present more
often, I think.

The night was over when all candles had finished burning. Chris and I
went downstairs to our former livingroom. No Hapoo house or anything, I
spred out on the floor, and Chris had a matress and a sleeping bag. We
both loved being home. Shadow had called before, but only very shortly.
Then his mom called, but he and Chris ended up talking the most.
However, Chris keeps shattering my hopes of Shadow resuming his duties
as Shadow - he still hasn't shown up, and she says he won't for quite
some time to come. Well, sleeping in the livingroom was quite a reward,
if you ask me.

The next day was wonderful and lazy. The humans had a long breakfast,
and the niece was picked up by her dad. The humans chatted in the
livingroom until it was time to eat. After that they all decided to go
to sleep. Chris says she even slept. The sister took me for a walk
before that, and even in the evening. Chris decided to stay home until
the next day, which I thought was a wise decision.

The next day she gathered quite a few things she wanted to take to our
apartment. However, they left us for a while, I mean the sisters left me
and the tiny dog in the house, and then they arrived with a huge couch.
They tried to pass it through the door, but it didn't fit. So they put
it in the corridor. The sister set up a bed in our former bedroom, and
Chris collected a few more things and put them in the car. The sister
took us home, but Chris didn't unload too much. The sister left, only to
return a few hours later with a man I have never seen before. They sat
and talked only, Chris only decided to put away the things she had taken
from mom's at one point. And when the sister and the man were gone, she
took myself for a Hapoo walk. I think walking at mom's is much nicer,
for it is much more spaceous and fun to walk there.

I think we will be going back to work pretty soon, I just don't know
when. I will keep you updated I promise, cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home