Friday, July 11, 2008

The very exciting day with millions of exciting people

Hi all:
I know, it's been such a long time, and in the meantime the Spaniards
have done well in football and tennis. Tennis Rafa has beaten tennis
Roger on grass - now why on grass I wonder? Because they get fewer
bruises on grass? Or the ball bounces nicer there, or because they know
that a dog needs to have grass every now and then?

Well, the tennis Rafa from Spain has won the big thing on grass in what
Chris calls a really thrilling match, and she was happy he did so. But
as you can imagine, if there is no playing with Hapoo involved in the
game, then it is not all that interesting for me. What was interesting
was that today we had fun at work.

First of all, in the morning man came and took our washer-drier apart,
but he put it back together and told Chris that she stil cannot use it.
He was nice, he let me have a smell and then went to work. At work I
felt like playing before we went inside.

Until the first few phone calls everything was the same, but then the
man boss who is Chris' English student came and asked if Chris would
show his daughter how she works. Chris did so and then continued
working.

All of a sudden the office exploded with people, I think the whole
planet was inside the service center. We walked into the back office,
where an old man said a few words. I was bored, I lay down and waited. I
didn't even get up when they applauded. We walked back into our office,
and Chris decided that it was time to feed me. But I had to wait fo the
food. Somebody said that we were needed in the back office for photos,
so she took me, and she got to stand beside the old man, and I sat right
in front of them. That time I did not feel like looking at the camera
people, but I bent my long neck back to get pets from Chris.
Fortunately, the photos didn't take long, and so I could run back to my
food right away.

Then the old man came back into the front office, and right away there
were the millions of people around him. There were so many people that I
found myself unable to sleep - after all I am a watch dog, and I have to
see that I don't miss out on anything that might happen to me or Chris.
After yet another phone call of Chris' Ilka brought a lady who had given
me a short pet before, and Chris showed her how she works, and all the
things that are on the desk. The lady even tried to write in the dotted
language called Braille, and then she turned to me and petted me. She
even decided to stay with me when her husband came and tried to persuade
her to join a kind of presentation. The two talked about dogs and
travels and Switzerland, and I think they agreed on quite many things.
Finally it was time for the lady guest to leave, and then Chris got back
to work.

I really liked the lady's pets and the fact that her second name is like
mom's second name. People with that name must be just as nice as mom.

After the office was back to its usual quiet summer evening routine, I
still was excited, I didn't drink all that much water. But when it was
time to go home, I ran home and showed Chris all traffic lights.

After she had settled in at home, she called first the sister and then
the friend, and told her about our exciting day. I found out that the
old man is the one who was initially responsible for Chris getting her
job. Now here it is getting too complicated for my woofer brain. I'll
just say that he must be really important for all the humans, but the
most important one apart from Chris that night was the lovely lady who
even had fun when Chris showed her that I can bark. Allright, thos Chris
of mine wants to go to sleep, so I'll go and hide in the bedroom,
cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home