Thursday, June 05, 2008

What is Quito???

Hi all:

I am going to tell you about a unique day at work, this much is for
sure. Yesterday Chris and I went to work as usual. She only took me
upstairs to get rid of her bag and leave my harness upstairs, then
Petra, the cool lady, and her and I went downstairs so I could run free.
I had a bit of grass, and then I saw the cousin ahd somebody else and a
tiny tiny dog aproaching. I thought of chasing the dog away, but Petra
and Chris got on their knees and called the dog very friendly, and the
tiny one immediately flopped over on her back and put her tiny paws in
the air. I sniffed her out and we both decided to be friends. She is
such a tiny pupy baby. She wanted to test whether I am her mom, but I
don't think I am. We ran a little and played, and Chris said the tiny
one was so cute. They all call her Quito. We then went upstairs into the
office, where the humans let the tiny one run free, but I had to behave.
But when we went to the back office where it is quieter, Chris let me
go, and the twh of us played again. I think I can get used to Quito.
She's fun to play with. At one point I must have been too rough, so she
squeaked and I backed off, and then she didn't want to play with me for
a while. But I had to make sure both she and Chris were allright, so I
tried to make her go near Chris. She was even allowed into the dining
area with us, where she took a nap in the middle of the noise and
motion, right under the table, while I kept my eyes open. We also
visited my spot, where I stay while Chris is working on the phone, and
little Quito immediately lay down on my royal bed. I tried to get her
off it very gently, but she didn't want. And when Chris called her off,
I preferred playing with her to occupying my bed. I even shared my water
with her.

People at work were so nice. They always made sure to pet both of us,
and Chris also gave me loads of pets and told me I was a good girl. I
think I was, and I had a lot of fun at work. But then work started, and
we went into the small room with three other folks, where Chris tried to
teach them English. When we came out of there, Quito and the cousin and
the other lady were gone, and routine had us back.

I am not sure what it is about the new little one, why she was brought
into work. I thought I was the only dog allowed there, but they must
have made an exception for Quito as well. Chris says she has named her
Quito because of one of the tennis men. Don't ask me, that story is too
complicated for me. It is enough I know the story behind my name. Maybe
when Quito is oldr and smarter, Chris will tell her and she will tell
you.

Cheers for the moment, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home