Friday, May 16, 2008

Tennis man days

Hi all woofers and humans:

Well, you know, last Monday I knew we were going somewhere, but the fun
thing was that this time it was not with mom or Shadow, but with the
cool lady from work Chris calls her boss. I thought Chris was always the
boss, but apparently that's not the case.

Well, I got into the bosses car, and I shared the back seat with the boy
who kept petting me until we had arrived at a nice place. There was a
man who liked me, but the woman was really scared of me. But she was
really brave, and Chris kept me away from her. The boy stayed with the
couple, and the remaining three of us got back into the car until we
arrived somewhere. O after we'd walked a few steps I knew where we were!

We were at the tennis place, where they play tennis everywhere, I am not
supposed to play balls with them, and where there are so many people
watching. When we arrived, I saw the nice lady who sits in a weelchair.
She petted me, but Chris told me to go lie down in front of her, like I
always do, and be quiet. Of course I did, and she had fun watching the
match. We left the huge court and went to one of the smaller ones, where
for me it was the same - sleep under benches or in the shade and do
nothing, except reach up with my long neck for a pet or more. The boss
always pets me, it's so so nice! We only moved one other time, to go to
the neighbouring small court, where another of Chris' favourites won.
T was really warm, the ladies stayed on the courts though, sweating
away. I thihk at one point the tennis man showed up with a partner, so
they played on court, four people, four rackets, one ball. Mom loves
that combination a lot. Chris says the tennis man was not the better
one, but the fact that they won made him feel quite cheerful. I still
did not get him to pet me, because Chris and the boss both aren't like
the teenagers running after the tennis man. They should though, because
I want pets from the tennis man.

Chris says while on that court, she heard a racked break for the first
time, it sounds like a normal crack of a not too thin stick. She also
says she finally knows what it sounds like when the ball is not hit by
the racket's sweet spot, and how a string breaks. I don't care, I want
to play with the ball!

We went home after a German guy lost really badly on the big center
court. Chris says he didn't deserve that, and she should have given him
a comforting hug. Well then why don't you, silly girl?
We left the place then and took the car to the hotel, where Chris found
out that we didn't have to pay the Hapoofees, which she said was just
fair. We took the bags upstairs, Chris walked around the room, and then
it was my time to run on the flexible leash and do my business and all
that. I think the ladies also enjoyed a nice walk in the warm weather.

Well everybody, Chris says she has to get ready for work, so I'll see
you later, cheers, Hapoo.
I

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home