Monday, May 12, 2008

Trouble with the old bones

Hi all:
Before I leave for tennis watching, Chris says I have a bit of time to
tell you this:

In the middle of this past week, we went outside for our afternoon
outside session, where I can run and sniff and play. I was really in a
good mood, so I jumped around and barked and made Chris play with me.
However, one of my jumps was so huge that I hurt my right front leg
while landing. I didn't cry or anything, it was just uncomfortable. I
told Chris something was wrong by just walking beside her quietly. She
got my point and took me inside. She said I could lie down now, and by
the time work had finished, everything would be allright.

Well it wasn't. Lying down was allright, but then when I had to walk it
was bad. I limped all around the place, and Chris called me Hopper. But
she was worried, I can tell, because she took me to my favourite corner,
the nice soft carpet, and worked there and even called mom. When we went
outside, mom was there waiting for us. We went to a vet place.

Chris says we have been there last year, but I don't remember. The vet
man was nice, gave me loads of Hapoo treats for being a good girl. He
messed around with my leg, but he said nothing was broken. He gave me a
Hapoo treat and handed Chris a few more to give me. Then they talked
about my weight, he estimated me at 35 ilos. Chris thought I wasn't that
heavy, so for the first time in my life I was weighed, and they now knew
that I weighed about 28.5 kilos. That's about 57 pounds, Chris thinks,
and acceptable for me.

Out of the vet's office, mom and Chris decided that they could just as
well go to the city and have ice-cream. We took the streetcar, and I got
a good bit of water for a drink and took a nice rest. Chris says she is
so happy I can walk nicely again. The next day was off, and a man came
to provide Chris with loads of good music sound. And Friday I guided
Chris to work allright, and no limping anymore.
Cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home