Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The weekend with mom

Hi there:
Yes we are back online, my paws and I. On Saturday after work mom picked
us up. We were coming out of the cafeteria, where Chris had put her
coffee cup into the dishwasher, and through the glass door I spotted
mom. I love mom, and Chris knows. I wanted to sing at mom, but Chris
decided to be strict. Well to be fair, that morning I had forgotten to
stop at the curbs to the quiet side streets, and Chris and I walked the
particular distance twice or so. So this was the strict day, and so she
let me greet mom only when I stopped singing. But then I was allowed to
jump through the center off leash right to the exit, down the stairs,
across the car parking and over to where I usually run and do my Hapoo
stuff.

After that we all went shopping in the store where we used to shop
before Chris decided that we should leave mom and go to the apartment.
The car was full finally, and we went home to mom's home. The humans sat
on the balcony and had a drink the smell of which I certainly don't
like. It's water with prickles and the stuff Chris calls alcohol. Bah,
not my stuff, I prefer Hapoo food. I would have had cat food just as
well, but the ladies made sure I didn't get it - too bad.

Chris and I stayed downstairs in what used to be our home, but it looks
dofferent now. No more Hapoo house or anything, but I still lay down by
the kitchen door, and Chris slept in the livingroom. When she finally
got up the next morning, mom said happy birthday, and Chris got a tiny
tiny cup and a silver and gold spoon. She says that the adopted
Godfather of hers always used that spoon to stir the sugar in his
coffee. And since she and he are good friends, he can have that spoon
when he is visiting us now. The humans took me for the Hapoo walk first,
a long one it was. We walked along the field route, through the field of
weat plants, a tiny part of the romantic route and the street back home.
Then the ladies had a long breakfast, mom took care of the laundry, and
then they started to bake cakes. And then, just before lunch time, the
adopted godfather of Chris' came and brought chocolate. He stayed for a
while, and after he left the next cake was finished. In the afternoon
the ladies took a nap and watched TV. Then mom went upstairs to iron
clothes, and Chris sorted out a few things she wanted to take back to
our apartment.

In the afternoon we hadwalked the long route again, this time completed
and extended by the walk around the church. In the evening the cousin
came and told Chris that her present was to clean her apartment once
thoroughly. Chris loves that, because she hates cleaning all the time.
Me too, I don't like water buckets and vacuum cleaners and all that
stuff. Then we all four walked through the vilage to the cemitery to see
the unknown dad's grave, and the cousin was incharge of me. On the way
back we picked up some pizza from the usual place. I spotted a cat under
a car, and the cousin forgot to hold on to the leash heehee. But of
course, I didn't catch that thing.

Yesterday we finally went back home, the car was filled with the grocery
and the things Chris wanted to take along and the clean laundry. Our
washer drier is broken, so mom washed Chris' laundry. She says that
doesn't matter, because that way she finally can fill her
washing-machine well enough. Just before mom lay down on the couch to
take a little afternoon nap, I got a dried turkey neck - delicious, let
me tell you. I know humans don't like this kind of food, but I advise
all dogs to persuade their humans to bguy them turkey necks and Hapoo
fish,duck, goose and chicken feet and tripes, cow lungs and ears, they
are all delicious. And don't forget eggshells or entire eggs!

So we are finally home, and I thin Chris ps planning to go somewhere
else with me. I can feel that, I know her. But I haven't figured out yet
where I am going to the Hapoo kennel or with her to some cool place.

Cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home