Sunday, March 28, 2010

Days Twelve to Fourteen

I did find the rope, and it was a wonderful idea to bring it back to life with Quito. That morning we had our very first walk completely on our own. Analyzing it ow, Quito was very insecure and screwed up at most street crossings, which didn't help build up my self-confidence either. I repeated the crossings several times, but the traffic lights were a flawless exercise. That persistent work really payed off. I did finally arrive at the bakery after having gone to work and back, but both Quito and I were tired when we arrived. Of course, she was happy to see the coach back. On the way home Quito was so relieved the pack was back together, that she started playing with her leash and being silly. I let her, it was fun to see.

Of course the coach and I talked about the route and why it went so bumpy, and we both developed strategies to fix the problem. However, my left shoulder, the one on which the dog walks, acted up badly, and I was quite happy a break was ahead. The coach left to spend the weekend at home, and both Quito and I took a well-deserved rest. At night Daniel came to visit. Quito growled as he entered, but he was very good at ignoring her, so eventually she warmed up to him and enjoyed the scratches he offered. I will probably spend the weekend looking after my shoulder and playing with Quito as well as I can, so hopefully on Monday we can go on new adventurous tours.

 

Days Thirteen and Fourteen:

I woke up with my shoulder aching more than before. I walked Quito and then tried to fix the shoulder in various ways, but it wouldn't work. I tried to work Quito by playing with the rope, but I think that she missed the daily routine of going for walks. The coach has gone home, but we had agreed that I could go for a little walk in harness if I felt like it. I would have, but the shoulder was in the way. I even cancelled a shopping trip with my sister, during which Quito would have walked on leash. I took a bath and slept much, until finally at night I dug out the pain killers. Trust me, when I do that, it has to be somewhat severe. I did walk Quito four times, just to have her outside a little.

The next morning was horrible, as I woke up and thought I'd call emergency. But once I had started to move my arm a little, things improved, and I walked Quito, who finally at least did her small business.

Plans are that we will be going to see the Wheelchair man's parents with same person, so Quito can make friends with their little dog Basti, a really cool guy. We'll have mom's delicious lunch and later cake and coffee, and stroll through the vilage, if my shoulder doesn't tell me off.

Then Daniel ill drive me to my mom's place, so I can go see my home doctor the following day. What follows will be a trip to another doctor, I think, and most likely we will have to find a physical therapist near my home then. And it is about time I find another good doctor near where I live - trouble's just that you don't know what you will get, but you know what you have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home