Thursday, April 01, 2010

Day Nineteen - the last official training day

We changed things a little that morning, as we first walked to the bakery. There were no dogs in sight at the crucial traffic light, and Quito showed it perfectly. We sat down and had a final tea, before going to work. Of course, all traffic lights worked well, and Quito even walked at a nice pace. Again we changed things a little. I usually let her run free in the little parking lot and played with her. This time I did not do so, but we went upstairs, greeted a few colleagues and walked into the cafeteria, where I allowed a little rest, while chatting with a few colleagues. The way back from work was equally wonderful. And if Quito walked slowly, I simply let her, as long as she did not sniff. At the first traffic signal there were many bicycles blocking the way, so we waited for the pole to be free. Next thing was a dog, and Quito, after a gentle reminder, looked at him even more, so I turned her around and waited for the third green light before finally crossing.

Then we went grocery shopping, but we let Quito walk without the harness. Of course, at first she sniffed a lot, but when she got too tired, she skipped that. We had lunch at another bakery, the coach checked out another little store, and I met my physiotherapist, before we returned home.

The coach picked up the things that had remained in the partment, I also gave her a flower that will bloom red hopefully soon, and then she left. Quito knew something was going wrong. Where Hapoo would have followed me around the place, Quito has decided that the strategically best place to wait at is the entrance door. When the coach had gone, Quito rested at the door a little more, while I was unpacking the grocery. When I took her to her place, she immediately fell asleep. At this moment she does not want me, I can feel it, but it will be food time soon, and she will be wanting to play, if I know her well enough. The weekend will probably be a quiet one, before our routine has us back.

 

In summary I can say the following:

Quito is a wonderful dog, of course. Her strength is obstacle work, I hardly ever hit overhead or even open side obstacles. She has a pleasant, not too hard pull. She meets dogs in a friendly manner and will jump back when they are too bossy, She will not eat anything when running free or on flexible leash. She is generally alert but does not bark at all.

Currently her weakness are dog distractions. O when she meets them, she would rather go play than work, but I am sure as she grows older that will change. And as we bond things will probably change again, for we will get to know each other. Off we go, Quito, A wide enough path is laid out for us to walk it together. I hope I will be a good team player that you can trust and respect, just like I am going to do my best trusting you - respect guaranteed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home