Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day Sixteen

The coach came back from her longer weekend and called me when she was downstairs. Quito was in a good mood and wanted to play, so we decided I should go to the bakery on my own. I did, and only messed up at that one crossing where the traffic light has no acoustic signal showing where the lightpole is. We did it again later, and then it worked allright. Quito raced past the bakery, because the coach was waiting behind the corner. Of course, Quito was really happy to see the coach, but she settled down soon and we took a break and talked.

I was also amazed that on the way to the bakery Quito very nicely showed me the entrance to the therapist's, where I will need to go. We went there again after the break and practised locating the elevator and the entrance door, I think that will work allright. Then we walked to the streetcar stop and went to the train station, where we practised train doors again, there happened to be trains that were parked there - really wonderful and stressless. Quito is still reluctant to show closed doors. Sometimes she will look at them but then suddenly decide to walk on, as if to say:

"I know what the task is, but maybe if I don't show you the entrance, we won't have to board the train."

She finally did show some entrances acceptably, and then we went to the city. There, too, Quito behaved really well and worked in a manner that I can control. We did try to coax her onto an escalator once, just casually, but she put on her breaks and we let her win this time.

At home a large beef bone was waiting, and she eally enjoyed it while I was talking to a colleague on the phone. I notice interesting playing habits. Quito likes to dig her head deep into gaps, like between my legs when I am sitting on the floor, until her nose touches the floor again. Then she tries to knock me over and I knock back, and then she finally lies down. She apparently likes to lie on her back, quickly roll her head around, mouth wide open. And when I poke her gently, she growls and tries to bite her own tail, until I put her head back down, poke her and the game starts all over. I also think she might be a good fetcher eventually, if I am patient enough.

I woke up t night because Qito seemed to have major hickups. I had never had it so bad with Hapoo, so I called the coach. Of course, I could have had the sae idea, just take her out and see if she finds some grass. Quito did seem to need the extra walk, at least she was qhiet then and I slept until the morning when she woke me up asking for another walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home