Saturday, September 11, 2010

A week abroad

Chris is laughing:
"It isn't abroad, silly, just because we crossed the water!"

Allright, whatever. I mean we weren't at home, and the journey did take us
across water. Last week we did not go to work, but Chris ran around and
packed a bag with loads of stuff. And when the doorbell rang, it was Petra
greeting us, and we got into a car with her. Then a long drive began, we
crossed a bridge at one time, they said it was a fairly new bridge over to
an island they call Rügen, which is very famous for its cliffs and huge
chalk rocks. I saw the cliffs, but not the chalk. We drove some more, took a
break, during which I sniffed out a grass patch and the ladies had
sandwiches, and then drove on.

We arrived and went into a room which was cool. I saw a food bowl and a
blanket the folks had put down just for me - how wonderful! Chris was
delighted to see the room, which was a little like an apartment she says.
Not really. The room was about as large as our livingroom at home, and there
was an entrance room and a bathroom. Chris insists that this was one of the
larger hotel rooms she has seen, very nicely furnished and it even had a
balcony. Now that was really beautiful. Petra loved the seaview, which must
have been magnificent, and Chris was excited about the shining sun, which
floodded the space with the light and warmth she so loves. And I simply like
being outside.
Petra left, and then somebody knocked on the door. It was a man I didn't
know. He brought Chris' suitcase and entered the room before Chris. I
growled a little and wanted to slip past Chris, but I really had to take a
sniff to see who he was. And I have to admit that I really didn't mind him
petting me. From then on I think we were friends, and Chris jumped with joy,
because he did exactly what she wanted him to do, step back at the right
time, but come up to me at the right moment to show me, so she says, tha
growling doesn't get me anywhere. Well, I sure did not manage to scare the
man.

Then Petra came back, and we walked around a little, even visited her room.
It was in another house across the street, not as large but also nice, and
with a balcony, too. Then finally we walked into another lobby, where a few
people were waiting, and we joined them. Then more amd more arrived, the
humans had a drink and we walked into the room with tables and chairs, water
and papers and books. One lady talked, and then the others took turns
introducing themselves. Chris says that was a training course that would go
on for the rest of the week.

Afterwards we went into the food area, where I collected a few corrections
for sniffing, and where Chris really enjoyed herself. She says the food was
good the first days, and very delicious. one of the last days it was not fun
anymore, but apart from that she enjoyed it.
Then we took another little walk to the beach, where I ran free a little and
jumped and had fun. The ladies did, too, because they both love the beach.

And as always, I will leave you now, so Chris can enjoy listening to the
invisible Chris' voice, coming out of the TV, and you just have to wait for
the rest of the cool story.
Cheers, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home