Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Christmas thing

Well I told you, the talks about Christmas began, and I had no idea what it
was all about.

Well, one morning it started snowing like hell, and Chis says she was happy
she could work from home. Outside on the morning walk no streetcar passed by
us, and Chris knew it was because of the snow. She then packed a bag and
dialed a phone number. She said no taxi was available whatsoever, so she
called Daniel, the man on wheels, and asked if he could take us to wherever
we were going. He said he could, so soon afterwards Chris got dressed in
more layers than I had seen her wear, even a woolen sweater that didn't
smell like she has worn it too often. Then she harnessed me up, and we
walked through a tiny path in the snow, until the path stopped. I told her
where to go, but she did not want to go through the deep snow, until Daniel
spotted us and she found out that I was right to guide her that way. I think
Chris now knows that I am not misbehaving. I always jump when I am sure
where to go, because I am so excited I understand what she wants me to do.

Inside the car I saw another tiny dog. I wanted to smell her, but neither
Chris nor the colleague from work allowed it. Only the humans could pet the
other one's dog. Then the colleague and the dog left the car, and Daniel
continued to take us somewhere. He let us off somewhere, and I found out
that Micki was greeting us. And there was also the sister. Chris let me run
free, and the sister played with me. The sister is great for playing, she
looks at me and makes me runrun. I even react on hand cues, because I am a
watching dog. I have, however, adapted to Chris not watching me, I can very
well interpret her clear verbal cues. There was a cat, but I didn't attack
him, because he did not run away.

Insiide the house I stayed with the sister in the livingroom. What I was
there amazed me a lot - a real tree was put up there, a gigantic tree. Poor
thing must've felt lonely, for there were no other ones to make a forrest.
The sister likes me, and I like her.

Then the humans had food and talks, they relaxed and then the others put
themselves in warm clothes, too, before we all left. We ended up in a hall
with many benches they call church. Chris spred a blanket on the seat for
everybody, because it was cold to sit on. I had to stay on the floor, cold
space I say.

People gathered, a loud noisy sound filled the air, she calls it the organ,
which she likes a lot, the queen of all musical instruments. They sang,
people talked, and I got cold, so I kept busy licking Micki's hand, getting
pets from the niece and Chris and the sister.

I was happy when it was time to leave, and Chris let me run free in front of
the church. Another dog came by, but I was sceptical and did not want to
play too much. I preferred to follow Chris homewards, where I first lay in
the corridor and then in the livingroom. They brought out litte tiny
packages wrapped in nice paper, and distributed them. Candles were put up
and lid, and the room heated up and smelled of the candles and the tree.
Chris says that is what makes the atmosphere, the tree and the real living
candles, the warmth and the heat, and the memory of the visual impression.
So she could see in earlier days? Tough I'd say, but on the other hand she
now has me!

The niece started unwrapping package after package, got many books, jewelry
and more, and then followed Micki. The sister and Chris unwrapped theirs
together and had loads of fun. Chris found new warm gloves, a sweater and a
coffee mug and a porcelane-made picture.

When all candles had gone off, Chris took me upstairs, and both of us fell
asleep really fast.


So this is Christmas, a church, a tree, good food and many little packages
at Micki's house! Not bad I say, not bad, and cozy and relaxing.

Cheers to you all, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home