Thursday, October 21, 2010

had a bad day

Hi there:

To all woofers out there: Do you have a bad day from time to time?

To all humans: Don't be so hard on us, even dogs are human!!!

Well, the story is that I had a bad day two days ago. in the morning it
started with me not wanting to work properly at curbs. I was fed up with
Chris speeding me up and then having to stop at curbs, looking out for high
and side obstacles and uneven grounds - it just was not my day.

then when we went out for the dog walk after lunch, I focused on the great
and cheerful work "exit", overlooked the corner of a table and - boom - ran
Chris right into it with top speed. One of the monitors, the picture thing
that make me see balls fly and people dance without being able to chase the
ball or sniff the person. reacted, too, and fell on the floor. O boy, did I
receive a correction for that one. Chris says she didn't hurt much, but she
has a nice mark on her leg for sure.

When work was over, there was a truck meneuvering on our left, and a car
stopping at our right. I thought I'd sniff and walk slowly for a change, but
Chris made me hopup, and I almost ran her into the light pole - bang,
another correction. O boy, it just wasn't my day!

Then we walked home after a great run around the parking lot, and walked
home. As we were crossing the street, I tried to overtake somebody walking
ahead of us, but made Chris almost run into them. She fell on the ground,
didn't let go of the harness and made me fall with her. She didn't say a
word or give a correction, but made me finish crossing the street as if
nothing had happened. For a while I was on high alert, so Chris sat me down,
petted and calmed me down. O boy, what would be worse than that day?

She turned me around and we walked back to the traffic pole, which I showed
her. She made me sit, gave me a treat, and then we walked home. It surely
wasn't my day, was it?

I slept for a while, and then Chris put my signal jacket on and we went out
again. This time we went with Daniel, the wheelchair man. He's great fun and
plays with me, and I can give him slobber kisses across his face. He says
Hapoo, the royalty, used to do that to him, whenever she got into his car,
and I must have been instructed by her. We went into the store with
computers, huge picture and voice boxes and stuff, and Chris bought a
computer, or so she says. She says I was great on that calm outing, and that
was great to finish off such a weird day.

When we stayed in the car for a while after having arrived at home, I gave
Daniel another kiss, and even managed a tiny one for Chris, which made them
both laugh. I really hope this kind of day will not repeat again.

Cheers, and look out for the good news, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home