Friday, December 03, 2010

More to come, another journey

Hi everybody:

Allright, last weekend, so Chris calls the days, we left home and went to
the streetcar station. I even found the bus shelter like I am doing nothing
else day in and day out. A man and a lady talked to Chris, and when the
streetcar came, we got on and asked somebody to give us the spacious seat by
the door. I lay down and waited. Chris says I am picking up one of Hapoo's
habits, leaving Chris enough space for her feet, but making her neighbour,
if she has one, reduce his. Well, who's the boss? Surely not the neighbour I
have never seen. The man was cool, he put his nose into a book and was
friendly. At one point a swarm of little children got on the streetcar, and
two boys stood by me. I sniffed out their shoes, but Chris told them not to
pet me. I think she has accepted my need th gently sniff out people when I
have nothing else to do. I mean I don't push my nose flat against them, but
I just inhale their smells, you know...
The boys and Chris started to talk a little, and she had quite some fun with
them. Atthe end she allowed them each a quick pad on my head, and then they
had to get off. We went on until the train station, and their came my time.

Allright, we found the stairs to the pedestrian tunnel. Chris told me right,
but there was a cleaning machine I didn't like, so I walked left instead.
Chris said okay and told me to find the exit. I raced her up the stairs, and
then she commanded me right to the bakery, where she bought a snack and a
drink for the way. Down we went, along the tunnel again, straight through
until she told me to find the exit again, the exit on the opposite side of
the tunnel, for there are two. Up the stairs in record speed, even past the
noisy machine, and then I found the counter, where a lady was already
waiting. She took us to the seat I never find, because it's hidden behind a
corner, and then we waited until the lady took us to the platform.

The trainride that followed was uneventful, but then we got off and a lady
greeted us, and we walked to bus. I don't like buses, they are noisy, snaky
and move a lot. Chris, however, sat down and relaxed, so I, too, had no
choice. But I was glad when we got off that thing and Chris put me on
flexible leash, I immediately did all the businesses in the world, and then
we walked up to an entrance to a house. I showed Chris the door, but she
said it was not a door she owned a key to, so the lady had to open it. We
went into an apartment where nobody was inside. Chris put down her bag and
my harness, and then we went across the corridor into another apartment with
the lady inside, the mother, as I learnt. Chris had coffee and I got to
relax by her, until another lady came. I think I have seen her before, she
was at our place once, but she likes to keep at a distance from me and not
pet me. The three of us talked, and then we went back to the first
apartment. O that was so interesting. I didn't get to see it all, but Chris
seemed to know her way around, so she left my in the bedroom.

The rest of the weekend was quiet. I slept a lot, but we also went for nice
walks outside and talked with the mother. When the two ladies took us back
to the train station, Chris was cold and happy the train was warm. All of a
sudden she did something I have not seen her do as far as I remember. She
asked the man beside her for help, and another one agreed to help her. We
left the train way too early, and I knew it was not our train station. The
man took us to buses and we waited. At one bus the driver said I should wear
something coverig my muzzle - what a nonsense, I have never worn anything
like that and hope I never will! Well he ordered people to move away from
somewhere, and only then I could get on the bus with her, lay under one seat
and Chris sat on the other. It was so narrow that I hoped I could hop on the
seat, but Chris said no. I was really nervous, so she petted me until I had
calmed and the bus had gotten to a smoother route.

We were there forever, Chris even took a nap. The bus was so packed that
folks were even standing in the aisles. Finally we got off, and the man
helped us find the train station. He even took us to the streetcar platform.
I could feel that Chris was really grateful for their help. When we got out
of the streetcar, I showed Chris the traffic light, we crossed the street,
and then she let me run on flexible leash. And once we were home she almost
immediately went to sleep - well, after having fed me, of course.

By now the world outside is covered with snow. I like it and wish I could
jump and romp forever, she says not as crazy as Hapoo but almost as crazy,
if only the snow wouldn't get caught between my pads and toes! We have also
been at work yesterday, and some people have even missed us. Today she is
working from home again, she says hopefully they have cleared the routes by
tomorrow, when it's to work again.
Cheers, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home