Saturday, January 01, 2011

happy new year!!!

Hi all woofs and poofs:


We went to work after the Christmas thing was over, and work was fun for
sure. We met all wonderful people, and I got to play in the snow of the car
parking lot. I really love that.
However, when we came home at night, the noise was awful. Shots and
lightnings were fired all across the place, and at first I was always on
alert, until I found that there was no use, the shots weren't fired at us,
and there were too many to always get a scare.

Well, this afternoon on the evening route, it was the worst. Chris praised
me big time, and so I survived calmly. Then she sat down and played computer
until the noise got bad. i thought I wanted to go to sleep in the bedroom,
but Chris didn't accompany me, and the shots and flashes in the night got
worse yet. Fortunately, Chris came and encouraged me to join her in the
livingroom again, where I positioned myself beside her. Chris was really
relaxed, she kept playing computer, just occasionally petting me. Finally
the noise level decreased, and now there are only a few lonely shots and
flashes, so I can go back to sleep.

Chris calls this New Year's Eve, where one year ends and another year
starts. But she told me not to worry, for it's a human thing to count human
years, it's just that every so often they are nousy and generate lightnings,
and I'll have to deal with it. She herself had a candle, good music on TV
and a glass of wine, and she enjoyed her quiet celebration.
Usually folks gather to have huge parties, but I think I wouldn't want that,
so I am happy we stayed at home. Maybe with Micki and the sister and the
little Gorki dog it would be nicer.
Cheers, and happy new year, as the humans say these days, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home