Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Party time!

Hi everybody:
I meant to write to you earlier, but you know Chris by now. She is going
through another stage of getting up in the middle of the nig,t because she
cannot sleep. So there's no usual computer time for me, and I have to see
when I stick my paws in between her fingers, and when she is willing to get
the message. Sometimes she just pretends she doesn't understand.

Anyway, here I finally am.

I think I have told you about a new way of retrieving my food, haven't I?
Chris fills my food into a hiding place, and then when I hit the door handle
with my paws, the low doorhandle that has nothing to do with Chris' real
doors, then the kibble comes dropping out bit by bit. That's loads of fun,
and I am quite a champ at it now.

So last week Chris walked up to the treat and other stuff containers and
brought out something I couldn't figure out. She had a measuring cup of food
beside her, and she made it disappear slowly. Finally she placed a cube
shaped container in front of me and let me explore it with my nose for a
while. Then she pushed it around with her hands a little, and I discovered
that the kibble came out of hiding little by little.

I got it! Let the cube fly, and the food comes out!

I am a master at using my paws by now. I hit the cube, so it was tossed all
around the little playing area Chris had assigned for the game, and then I
tracked down all the lost kibble. Chris sat on the floor watching, and I
have never heard her laugh so hard.
I think I would be a good ball player. Is there something like dog tennis?
Humans don't play with cubes filled with food, but with balls, boring. The
cube is fun! I tossed it hard so it hit the walls, I maneuvered in and out
of corners where it got stuck, and Chris says she had to be careful the cube
didn't hit her toes.
O that game was so much fun!

Chris says she was sceptical at first, whether I would like it, because
Hapoo wasn't too fond of the cube, despite its food releasing function. For
me it's a hell of a great party. If humans have as much fun at their
carefully planned and designed and set up parties, then I think they're
lucky. Give me a cube and kibble, and I'm thrilled with joy.

She says, by the way, for those interested, that the cube has a name, it's
called buster cube, but I don't care. Whoever has brought it in here is
worth being slobbered all over his face - I'm a pro at that, too!
Cheers, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home