Tuesday, January 25, 2011

speedy Quito on the road again!!!

Yippee yay, tailwags and circle runs!

This morning was wonderful! I generally cannot complain, despite her
tennis-mania, Chris tries to keep me busy. We play chase the tennis ball,
fetch the cow hoof or I have to get my food out of the door handle machine,
or I have to look for Chris, who is hiding somewhere in the bedroom.
Sometimes we cuddle, too, which is loads of fun. My barking on command has
also improved, she says, and is pretty impressed with my learning ability.

This morning we went for the walk later than usual, because Chris says she
has to keep the scores, which is another crazy hobby of hers. She writes
down almost every time they take a little break and say it's all about
numbers.

Well, the break came, and Chris says I was pretty playful. It was drizzling
when we came inside. Chris did not take off my collar or signal jacket, but
she sent me to my place and disappeared in the bathroom. When she came out
she did a bit here and a bit there, until she called me. She put on her
jacket and then reached for my harness!

Yes yes yes, that is wonderful!
I slipped inside, waited for Chris to clip on the guiding leash and sat by
the door as she ran to get her telephone. Outside I saw a dog running free,
but I sat and waited until the lady had managed to call it to her. Chris
returned a little part of the route, but I jumped up to show her that she
was going wrong. She said she knew, and so after a while we turned the right
path.

I spied to my right with suspicion as we were walking along the street, for
there was the other dog again. Chris was insistent, however, that I walk on
and not stand and stare, so I did, picked up speed, and the other dog lost
interest in me. We aproached one traffic light, and I showed it right away.
Chris says it's been a while since I sat down with so much determination. Of
course I loved the little tiiny bit of treat she gave me for a reward. We
went on, and she made me pass the following traffic light.

At another one I spotted two ladies and wanted to greet them, but they moved
out of the way and I showed Chris the light at which she usually wants to
cross. And then I ran to show her the entrance to the bakery - we haven't
been there for ages!

Chris put a few human treats in her bag, and I thought we were going home.
Instead she directed me to our left, and we stood in a shop where it smelled
of fresh and ready made meat and other delicious food. All of a sudden I
realized that I was on slippery ground and put down my breaks. Sometimes
when I remember to dislike it, I remind Chris that I don't like slippery
floors. But she didn't care, she made me sit by her side and wait, while she
asked for a few treats in there, and put them in her bag, too.

When we left that store, I thought we were going to the physiotherapist's,
where Chris relaxes so nicely.This time Chris encouraged me to go home. I
found my usual sniffing stone and ran towards the desired traffic light so
perfectly, that Chris' ar5m hit the button as she was trying to pet me good
girl.

Run across the street, stop at the traffic light where we cross for the
streetcar, and then straight home. O that was a wonderful change, believe
me!

Now, of course, we are back to normal, chris is sitting in her living
square, surrounded by the wall at her back, the TV shelf with the computers
on the left, the bed on the right, and the livingroom table in front of her,
where one of the computers is placed, along with the coffee cup and the
telephones, which do wander back and forth between the head of the bed and
the table, and occasionally the mobile phone is put into the pocket of her
jacket.
I think my life is beautiful, and I think I really like chris, cheers
happily, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home