Wednesday, July 06, 2011

I am a diver

Hey there:

chris wants to make up for my long weblog absence it seems - good girl!
But I must say that many things are happening these days.

Yesterday we left for work extremely early. We walked along quiet roads,
only with many cars already awake. When we arrived, Chris made me walk
on instead of turning towards the gate. We walked to the deserted car
parking place, where - believe it - she took off the leash and let me
run free.

Oohoo, did she know how much fun that was? I remembered the puddles and
raced through one with a huge splash. I did it again,l found another one
and raced through both one after the other, full speed! Yippee, the
water! I also went further down the road but always returned when Chris
called. I think that deserved my my continuing freedom. She gave me
treats when I came, and released me again - what fun! And then the full
speed water splash continued! A semi-circle to the beginning - splash -
one puddle! Splash - the next one! And when I say puddle, I mean real
water holes! If Chris had stepped into one of them, she might have
preferred walking around work without shoes and socks, and possibly
pants. She is objecting strongly here, because she says she surely needs
her pants here, and it is good she did not step into one.

After the morning splash she put me back in harness and we walked
through the gate and towards the entrance. She turned to smile at an
arriving car, it later turned out to have been Daniel's, for when we
were upstairs at the lockers he arrived, and Chris let me play with him.

Other people arrived, who weren't too fond of a jumping and growling
monster dog. I don't understand that! It's not like I've ever bitten a
human! I might have jumped up at one, but not bitten or hurt or so! A
dog needs to play, folks! We then walked to the cafeteria, where Chris
found a place in the far back corner. Finally a colleague helped her
support the others in preparing bread rolls, which she liked a lot.
Chris says she liked this kind of work and it is a pity some others
don't think she can do the job.

When everything was done, she took me to the desk again, where she
checked her emails, and then we returned to the cafeteria. Folks were
gathering there, and Chris made me stay and lie down beside her. I think
it strange to clap my paws, but humans seem to like it a lot. At one
point Chris had to stand up and do something, but she insisted I stay
down. Even when she had to walk a few steps to speak, I was not allowed
to accompany her, but had to stay where I was. I only stood up wieh she
returned and my favourite Petra helped her find her chair. Wasn't that
supposed to be my job?

Afterwards we returned to the desk with two people, to whome Chris
explained how she works with the computer. And right after they had
left, she took me and we went to the little office in the southern wing,
or in the quiet wing of the office. Everyone else was there, and they
continued talking, while I was to lie under her chair, beside the man
who isn't too fond of my presence. He always complains about me. Chris
offered to leave me at home if he took her to work every morning, and
back home, too. She says she only did that because she knew he would not
accept that offer.

After another little bit of working at the office, we went to the
cafeteria, where she picked up food, and then back outside to the puddle
park, where i gave the first puddle a closer look.

I dove down with my muzzle and retrieved something I threw on the floor,
only for Chris to step on it. She says it was trash. However, I was not
finished cleaning up, I retrieved something interesting. It was like a
huge rubber rope that would never end. Chris says it is a water rope,
one where they can make water run through for long distances. I was
going to play with it, but Chris put it on the ground and also stepped
on it. When I was funished running, splashing and playing, she harnessed
me up and we walked back home. It is getting warmer, and Chris is
enjoying it. She says my recall has significantly improved, and 1.5
months permanently on leash with occasional training sessions have done
the trick. I think I should always be off leash, because playing and
sniffing out dogs and the environment is much easier that way.
Cheers, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home