Saturday, May 14, 2011

Another journey

Hello again:

I know it's been a while since I updated you on all that's been going on
around here, but for one thing we didn't have the computer turned on for
too long, and for another we were really busy all the time.

However, the journey we went on this time started in a car. Chris put me
into the car harness, where she can attach me to the safety belt system
if she has to. I was put into the back of the car with a few bags at
first. Chris and I were travelling with three other humans that I know
from work. At first the journey was quite uncomfortable, because the
space was tiny beside the bags. One man said I could lie down on top of
the bags, but believe me, that is really nothing you want to do. After
the first break I got more space, because they put a few bags on the
back seat between the ladies, which I really liked. We took another
break, but I was too nervous to drink water.

We arrived at one place, and the two men unloaded their bags and put it
into the house, where we were greeted by a lady. Another man came
outside, Micha, who is a great wrestler at work. I love playing with
him. We drove another little while, and then Micha and the ladies took
me for a nice long walk along a forrest route, where Micha found a stick
and we played off leash with it.

Then it was humans food time, so I lay under the table and waited
patient,y, tryig to sneak a fallen french fry from under the table. The
effort was destroyed by Chris at the instant she figured it out.
Fun-spoiler, really!

Then we were taken to a hotel, me and the ladies, and the men left. At
the hotel Chris annd I had a nice spacious room, where she fed me,
talked with Mr Mylove, who had turned into Mr Voice again, and then we
both went to sleep. In the morning the other lady picked us up for
breakfast, and after that we walked to another building, where Chris met
somebody I don't know. We first walked along a corridor downstairs, and
Chris left her bag at a desk with nobody at it. Then we walked up some
stairs and entered a room, where a lady immediately came to greet us.
Chris knows her from a few emails, but it was nice, she says, to meet
her in person, and the lady really likes me. Then the other people that
we had travelled here with arrived and we all sat down. And then I saw
Mr Voice, who again was turning into Mr Mylove. He quickly said hi to
Chris, sat down at the other side of a huge middle post supporting the
roof, but thhen switched to a chair beside me and Chris, because he said
it was not good to have the groups separated. It appears the two groups
were the one I travelled with and the one that was working at the
building we were at just then.

They talked and talked, and then came the first break. The weather was
wonderfully sunny, and Chris suggested a dog walk to anybody that wanted
to join. The kind lady and another one joined us, and that new friend
received the controlling end of my flexible leash once we were outside.
Mr Mylove walked with Chris, and I had fun playing and finally doing
what every dog has to do after having been fed food. I always take a
while to do my business when I am somewhere unfamiliar.

The day continued like this: talking, break, talking, break, and so on.
Sometimes Chris disappeared with one lady, and another took care of me.
We also went and spent breaks on balconies, where Chris enjoyed the sun
and I got the chance to explore the area. Finally the talk ended, and
the others that Chris and I had initially travelled with, said goodbye
and left. Chris and I joined one of the two nice ladies, who showed us
all around the house. Chris stopped to talk with people, and finally I
spotted the big boss. When Chris let me off leash, I ran and greeted him
with the appropriate enthusiastic jumps and dances. But when she called
I came, and we continued the tour. Finally we arrived at Mr Mylove's
desk, where the lady said farewell, and Mr Mylove and I wennt upstairs
to pick up the big boss and have a cup of coffee on one of the balconies
with him. Well not me, but the humans, of course.
And then Mr Mylove finished work and we walked to a bus. I finally
discovered the dog route they take me on when we are visiting him, and
in the apartment I really felt at home. I can play with Mr Mylove so
greatly, I love him for that one. We play with old army hats, or we
wrestle. It is good to have yet another home that I am familiar with.

The next morning we all went backk to work again, this time with a
colleague who had agreed to take us with her by car. First Chris and I
went to say hello to a few ladies who took us for breakfast with them,
and we talked a little. Then finally we went downstairs, where Chris set
up her laptop near Mr Mylove's desk, and she worked. When he went for
his break he took us with him, and we all enjoyed it. Chris says she got
a lot of work done, and Mr Mylove even made sure she could use the
telephone at the desk. At night we all went to the lady colleague's
place, she parked her car and we walked towards our home, where we
stayed at an outside restaurant and talked until the humans got tired.

The next afternoon we went to the park wiith the lake and the river
again. I drank water in the lake and cooled myself, but I did not want
to swim there. So we walked to the river, where Chris went into the
water with me. She had carried two sticks with her for me to retrieve,
and after a few attempts I did manage to swim quite nicely. When leaving
the water Chris discovered that something must have cut her foot, and
the foot was bleeding. Mr Mylove took great care of it, she says, so it
was okay pretty soon, and she could walk without major difficulty. O I
really love playing with Mr Mylove in the water, it is so much fun!

We walked to a supermarket, shopped a little and then took a bus home,
where the humans relaxed and watched TV on the couch and I got my food
and they had theirs. The next day we all left the apartment with packed
bags, and about that part of the adventure I will tell you in another post.

Cheers, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home