Saturday, August 06, 2011

At the hotel

Hello again>

Oh I am so happy when we do something new - it is fantastic and adventurous! When we started the new week, I discovered a great friend of mine back at work. It is Michael, who plays rough with me. And after a team meeting, which I had to spend lying under a chair, Chris allowed for a quick playing time. We then ran around for Chris' work, and then we saw Michael again, with the other friend, Petra. We played some more, and then it was all about work. At one point Daniel was not feeling too well, so he went home early. And Chris and I spent the last bit of our working time at the small office, she talking with the man and I sleeping.

Two days later we received a Quito specials package. I know I am not to linger, so I go to my mat and wait. The doorbell rang, Chris took me on leash, and we met the great friend Martina, who accompanied us on the dog route. And then we invaded her car and went to the furniture store. Up into the restaurant, and then we were joined by two other people who really haven't met me before, neither have I met them, of course. They finished their coffee, ad then we went shopping. I love speed shopping. Quito starts and races Chris through the store on the main course as fast as she can. That would be fun shopping. But what they do s boring: Walk, stop, pick up an item, turn it and look at it, put it down, two steps further, pick up another item, same procedure - I really need to sleep!

Then Lady Martina took us home, we went home, and Chris remembered my specialties package. She set up a new food bar, because she says the old one looked old and rusty. Fine with me, as long as I have bowls for water and food.Then sheput away loads of Quito treats, and then Daniel arrived. Unfortunately, I was not allowed to play rough, because I had just had food. The humans sat on the balcony, and when Daniel was gone, Chris fell into her bed and slept immediately.

The next day, Chris got up and ready before she took me on the dog route. When she does that, we usually go somewhere. Tue it was, she had her backpack on her shoulder, and we were waiting where usually a car arrives to take us somewhere. Daniel did arrive, and took us to the city. Chris has left the blanket in his car, so I can sit in the back and needn't sit at her feet. We arrived at a hotel in the city, where I have not yet been.

Petra joined us in the elevator, but I was told to behave. We met other colleagues from work, and together we went into a meeting ruum, where the boredom began - humans talking and Quito resting.

But every now and then Chris got up, harnessed me up and made me follow the others. She got coffee and sweet treats and yet more coffee, and I took her to that snack room, to the restaurant, followed people to take Chris outside or into the elevator, and back inside to the meeting room. I had such fun guiding her, and Chris was obviously so happy I was by her side. We passed a great day like this, until another colleague took us across the crowded pedestrian street to te streetcar, which took us home.

I really liked this day, it was wonderful and a change from the daily course.

I am so happy Chris is feeling better again, after some time of some mysterious excitement on her mind, so we can play and she is back to normal. Just this morning she has brought out the rope, and we really played tug and fetch.

Take good care of yourselves, wherever you are and whatever you are up to, cheers, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home