Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Busy and adventurous

CHHi all:

It is cold outside, and Chris says I am finally getting my winter fur
after having covered the entire apartment with something like seven
black carpets.
I like carpets, mind you, so where is the problem?
She says the problem is that humans are not too fond of dog hair flying
all around, and that they don't considder dog hair a carpet!
Oh my, how peculiar!

Anyway, have I told you that we have spent an evening with Daniel and
the little Basti dog? Daniel, too, is peculiar. He says my tail is
destructive and way too lively, which I cannot confirm. I ran all about
Daniel's place, trying to get Basti to play with me, but he thinks he's
too cool for me. Chris and Daniel played card and plastic coins, which
they called Poker. Chris won both times, because Daniel says she plays
too unconventional, like beginners always do.
The next few days we did not go to work, Chris says it's her long
holidays, and they are lasting on. Instead, she brought the smallballs
back on the computer screen. But since she does not mind the size of the
picture box, she made it so that the sound of the smallballs and the
speakers and the umpire and the spectators were heard on all the
speakers all around. So she watched many of the games. But one day we
went to see sister Suse. We met her and a fairly large dog after we had
gotten off the streetcar at a stop I didn't know. Sister gave us
instructions, and after I had calmed down I focused on the route and
impressed the sister. But once we were in her apartment, I got to play
with the new dog, named Olli Krause. He likes to sit on the couch by a
human and snuggle up to them, but I don't. He is generally a calm buddy,
but sometimes when some noise hits his ear when he doesn't expect it he
jumps up like the devil is after him and lets out a huge bark. I love to
play with him outside in the garden, where I can run free, and he is
attached to an invisible leash that the sister Suse controls. The ladies
spent some time exploring the apartment, Chris says this is where the
sister lives now with niece Lena, and two other men that are old
friends. I met one of them, growled at him first and then greeted him
friendly. Then the sisters talked a lot ad played on the computer,
before we got to run outside. Then we all went to see the vet. The vet
always has nice treats for me, and it was Krause's first visit. I like
him, really, he's a good one, probably some three years old. The sister
has gotten him from an animal shelter, and they suspect he grew up in a
vilage, where he was not exposed to so much city buzz. But the vet says
Krause is a great dog. He is heavier than me, and he is quite afraid of
cars. When we got back to the car, I got to jump in at first, the door
remained open, and the sister and Krause and I walked a bit around the
garden, before she lifted him up inside the car. Sister says he gets
close to the car at least, he used to lie down a few meters away from
it, so he didn't have to get in.
We drove a while, the humans left me in the car and took Krause away.
They say he was really marvelous in the animal shop. Sister read through
loads of food labels, while Chris stayed with Krause gave him many
cuddles and made sure he felt comfortable. Wht a day that was, I really
had loads of fun!

A few days later we went to the city again, this time we met Micki in
the city, and we walked and walked. I think Micki showed Chris a route
to a place where she and I will have to go soon. Chris says the route is
fairly easy, we will just have to look out for the details.The ladies
had coffee and a bit of food, and then Chris went home with me.
Today we walked to the doctor early in the morning, and Chris says we'll
go there again tomorrow. I am always calm when somebody does something
to Chris, but I am watching all the time, of course.
We have a new peace of furniture, by the way, a coffee table, as Chris
calls it.
The old table was picked up by the cousin and her husband, and taken to
Micki's place. Chris received a table much to my liking. It is as low as
Daniel's, so I can look it over and check for food without much noise.
But heaven knows, if Chris discovers it I will be up for a training session!
She says we will have a few more plans for this and next week, and I
will tell you all about them once I have found out what they are.
Have a good and sunny winter everybody, Yours, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home