Monday, September 24, 2012

We are on holidays!

Hey to every listening ear and reading eye out there:

Of course, I have stories to tell, but this time they are about me
working. I am slowly learning the route to the doctors' office. Last
week and the week before we have been to the upstairs doctor's office
again. The first time Chris left me with Micki outside. First she went
to see the doctor, then a lady took her into a small room, then she went
o see the doctor again. Chris did not tell me what was going on there,
but we went to the farmacy after we got home, to pick up some medicine
for her. It appeared that the kind lady had given her something too
strong, so later that day a man came t exchange the medicine with the
correct stuff.
Medicine is strange. chris takes it in the bathroom, either drips it
into her eyes or swallows something with a mouthfull of coffee or water,
and I have no idea what it is good for. She says I, too, have to swallow
something every now and then - true, and I really am not too fond of
being fed weird stuff. The only good thing is that I am receiving treats
afterwards.

Last week, in fact, a couple of days ago, we went to the upstairs
doctor's office again. Chris first went into the small cabin with the
lady. She says she has to listen for beeps on both of her ears via a
headset. When she was called into the doctor's office, she took me with
her, put me under a chair by the door and then went on a larger chair
across the room. The doctor talked to her and looked into her ears and
nose andtalked some more, printed papers and then said goodbye to Chris.
We picked up Micki who was accompanying us again, and then I guided
Chris to the streetcar stop. Chris says she needs about three runs to
memorize a route, because there are details she only realizes on the
second or third run, and so she is very happy she's got Micki to back
her up. If she only relied on me!

At the train station we went into the flower shop and Chris bought two
bunches, before she and I left for home. At home I showed Chris the
route to the farmacy. She was reluctant, but then decided to grant me my
will and go to the farmacy right away. As we were picking up medicine
again, a lady was waiting beside us. Chris must have found her very
kind, because she gave her one bunch of flowers. Don't know why, but she
did, and she was very satisfied about it.

Today we are not going to work. I assume we are on holidays, and
possibly going away or watching the smallballs. Chris tells me that none
of them is the case, that she has to rest her ear instead. It is
apparently still bothering her, so she wants to keep it in a fairly
quiet environment.

She has also started doing something strange. She swings a kind of a
piece of string above her head, jumps over it, swings it above her head
and jumps over it again and again. She calls it rope jumping, but I fail
to understand what it is good for. She says it is to get her moving a
bit more than usual. So keep moving if you please, but let me sleep for now,
cheers, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home