Sunday, August 12, 2012

The people in and out days

Good everning everybody:
To tell you the truth, this time my silence wasn't Chris' fault, but
mine. I had to be watchful of the things around me, so I didn't miss out
on anything.
I think it all started with somebody appearing at our apartment door all
of a sudden out of nowhere, some people I had never seen before. I went
and took a glance, then went back to my place. The man and the lady got
settled in the bedroom, while Chris and I stayed in the livingroom,
where the two others joined us only for a little while. They went
outside, returned a little later and then Chris and the two of them
chatted a little. I had the time to look at them closer, offered the
lady to give me pets and then also started a bit of contact with the
man. I think they kboth liked me pretty allright. Then the two strangers
left, and Chris spent hours on the telephone. We both went to sleep, and
in the morning we saw the strangers again. The man had tea, they talked
a bit more, and then they left.
Chris calls this thing couch surfing. I assume this means that we are
staying in the livingroom, and since Chris only sleeps on the couch when
she wants to watch the smallballs flying at night, it must feel like
holidays. The only difference is that in the bedroom there are also
people sleeping. So she calls this thing couch surfing, allright!
Then we were back to normal, only that Chris had to do laundry and
cleaned the apartment more frequently than usual.
Then a few days later two other people showed up with boxes and boxes. I
didn't like the man. He wanted to be friends, and I really did not and
growled at him. Chris very strictly ordered him to ignore me, which he
finally obeyed to. When Chris orders for something to be done with such
force, you'd better behave, I know what I am talking about!
The boxes were put up everywhere, and then we all four left to go
shopping. Boy was I tired when we returned with a few small items and
another big box!
The next day Chris worked from home, and around her the man and the lady
started working, unpacing the box, putting wooden boxes up on the wall
and pulling cables from wall to wall and back and forth. I finally came
to terms with the man. Chris says I once met him, but I canot remember.
He is a sound engineer, and what he and his wife were doing there was
setting up the huge sound system. And the boxes are sound boxes in all
corners and more of the room. She has eight sound boxes alltogether now.
The two busy beas left very late at night, after Chris had written notes
about a remote controll. She was very happy with the sound that is in
the livingroom now, and she says she is enjoying it every day.

Then finally somebody familiar showed up - Micki! Micki came, I bounced
up and down and really enjoyed seeing her. It seems like forever since
she was here last. We went for a little dog walk, and then we went
shopping, of course. First Chris had a lady mess around with her hair,
and then did Micki. Then we went to the coffee machine and sound system
store again, this time only to buy cables, and then began the grocery
marathon. But all of us were pretty relaxed. Okay, I admit I was on the
sniffy side at first, but after a really firm talk from Chris I
remembered that I'd better not stick my nose in everywhere, and followed
nicely.

Then yesterday the doorbell rang again, and upstairs came two more
strange people - men. But I liked them immediately, and they petted and
played with me, it was such fun. Chris showed them the room, the bedroom
again, which she had cleaned in the morning, and then they sat down and
had coffee all of them. And then, funfun, they all took me out for a
really really long walk. One of the men took me on the flexible leash,
and the other one guided Chris. I think we both had fun and relaxed, and
Chris says taking the walk and chatting was really wonderful. Then the
men brought in their suitcases, had water, watched some more sports with
Chris and then left. I heard them return, but Chris slept peacefully on
her surf couch.
This morning she took me for the morning walk, just as one of the men
came out of the bedroom. When we returned, she and the man and I waited
for the other man, and then we went outside in the same teams as
yesterday, and I did not have to work! We went to the bakery, Chris
carried the bread rolls, and we walked back along the street. I was so
busy running back and forth and playing catch the leash that I forgot to
remind Chris of the corner where we usually go to see Daniel. But I did
show her te traffic pole, though on flexible leash, and then did a bit
more jumping and playing. Then the humans had breakfast, and then Chris'
team-mate gave her some human sweets, of which I will have none
absolutely, I am sure, and they hugged goodbye, and then Chris and I
were back among ourselves. Pity, I want them to come back to play and
take longer walks with us! For Chris' team-mate is very good at
wrestling with me, and I can lie at their feet and doze until Chris
moves. Great people are wonderful!
Chris also played with me after having spent some time removing water
and ice from her freezer, and now I really have to go sleep.
Chris will be surfing some more on the couch, I know because she has
covered the bed in the bedroom but not taken her pillow there. I will
let you know who the next visitors are. I will only praise them if they
are as fun to play with as the past ones!
oh, by the way, the sound boxes can really make some noise - terrible!
Cheers, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home