Monday, September 03, 2012

Oh joy, oh joy!

Hi from the tired side of life:

You know what happened two days ago?
Chris wanted to take me for the morning walk, realized that I was tired
and played chase the collar with me. She throws it about the apartment,
and I run and retrieve it. Once it hid itself in the bedroom carpet,
after I had been sliding wowards it, so Chris had to uncover it for me
to retrieve.
And then we went for a wonderful morning walk. Then around lunch time
the doorbell rang, and I ran towards the door and waited very still for
Chris to dress me. Then we went downstairs, and there I saw Micki and
sister Suse. Suse let me run free, and then the three humans played with
me with a stick. I simply love running after things that fly andthat I
can catch. Birds are no fun, they fly too high for my taste. But
bouncing tennis balls, rolling apples and flying sticks or collars are
simply fantastic!
Then Suse left, and Micki, Chris and I went for a short stroll, before
shopping in the local grocery store. Then we all took a break on the
nice sunny balcony, before hitting the road again, this time taking the
streetcar to the city. At first I was soooo excited I just couldn't walk
straignt, but then I got the hang of things, and we bought what Chris
calls very healthy grocery, went into a restaurant that Chris wanted to
check out, and then finally ack on the streetcar again. Micki got off at
one stop, I was going to follow, but Chris remained clmly on the
streetcar, called me back, and so I had to lie down and wait for Chris
to move. We got off at our normal stop, so we went for another dog walk,
and at home Chris started talking with her friend from Spain for hours.
Soon Micki returned, the ladies then began a talking marathon until I
was asleep.

the next morning Chris got up, but Micki was still asleep, so I stayed
with her until she got up. Then the ladies had breakfast, and then we
went for a wonderfully nice and long morning walk along the streetcar
tracks. Chris threw tiny bits of food for me to chase. Then the ladies
hid in the kitchen for a little, then Micki stretched out on the couch
and Chris stayed in the kitchen. Finally the result was human food, but
they did not have it.
In the afternoon, after another nice walk, the doorbell rang again, and
again I saw sister Suse and Lena, the little, tall girl. First they had
cake and coffee, and then they played with me. The tray with the food
hiding slides was put down. When I slide open one hole either with my
nose or paw, inside it there is a bit of kibble or another treat, and I
can proceed to open another one. And then we went for another wonderful
walk, four ladies and myself, when Suse is around I can run free, and it
was so wonderful!
But of course, at night I was tired.
After this really enjoyable weekend, where only a bath in the sea was
missing, I am ready for the route to work - boring but still cool.
Cheers and good week, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home